What acoustic guitar is as good as it gets?

Count Dissident

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jesus, just answer the question with your own opinion baswd on the criteria so the OP can have an idea where to look.

Posting a thread to get multiple peoples take on something and getting "its up to you" is irritating

The question HAS BEEN answered. It's just that the correct answer is "There is no such thing as the 'best guitar'". It depends upon what kind of music you play, how you play, and your personal tastes in guitar sounds. Without knowing that, there is no meaningful answer. It is simply a meaningless question. Sorry you don't like the answer.

• Members

The question HAS BEEN answered. It's just that the correct answer is "There is no such thing as the 'best guitar'". It depends upon what kind of music you play, how you play, and your personal tastes in guitar sounds. Without knowing that, there is no meaningful answers. It is simply a meaningless question. Sorry you don't like the answer.

Yep - this isn't even a "what is the best tasting beer" question. it is a "what is the best beer" question. A stupid question, with no intelligent answer.

• Members

It's not a stupid question at all. The OP asked everyone their opinion as to what the best production guitar is. Simple. He didn't specify styles of playing or music. I think most people have an opinion on the best factory guitar they've had their hands on. For me, it is a Guild D-55.

• Members

So help me decide which is best: a CA Cargo carbon fiber travel guitar, a CFox H-Sonoma fingerstyle guitar, or a 1937 Martin 0-17 for blues? What criteria would I use to determine which of these I liked the best? I'd kill you if you tried to take any of them from me.

Best food is easier: pizza. But I'd throw up if I had to eat the same pizza everyday.

Buy a bunch of guitars. It's the only way to stay sane. :)

• Members

Wow,lots of info here...some good,some not so good. I have to say though,this is what I like about this forum...not only did I get some great OPINIONS for my question,but you guys also helped me plan my dinner menu tonight and expanded my french vocabulary in the process. I am look forward to hearing more OPINIONS,but right now I have this strange desire to get drunk while watching Gilligan's Island!!

• Members

Wow,lots of info here...some good,some not so good. I have to say though,this is what I like about this forum...not only did I get some great OPINIONS for my question,but you guys also helped me plan my dinner menu tonight and expanded my french vocabulary in the process. I am look forward to hearing more OPINIONS,but right now I have this strange desire to get drunk while watching Gilligan's Island!!

Hmm.....that brings you to another decision..............

Ginger or Mary Ann? :p

• Members

The OP did ask for opinions about what we think is the best production git.

That's not an easy question to answer, considering the many variables, and opinions as to why have been posted here.

A case in point is the thread by Pinchegordo, regarding the Epi he simply cannot bond with.

That is a nice production git, one that many players would love and be proud to own. It could have easily become a recommendation in this thread, given its value/quality/cost ratio....that is, if the Count had asked for opinions about gits in that price strata.

Is that Epi as good as a git gets? Questionable, given that it is not customarily ranked with high-end gits. (In all fairness, I've played a couple of Epi Masterbilts that could hold their own against Martins in a mix or at a jam.)

Is that Epi as good as a git gets in its price range? Quite probable.

Back to the aforementioned thread, unfortunately, this particular player cannot bond with that particular git, fine though it is, so it will fall by the wayside in favor of a git that is built with rosewood, which drives home the point that many, many guitars are subjective objects, all worthy of ownership and love, depending only upon the player and his/her ear. (Excluding, of course, the notable exceptions of obvious pieces of ca-ca such as Esteban)

So, can we at least try to express our opinions in a civil and courteous manner, leaving religion, politics, and OT BS out of the discussion?

In other words, Gents, play nicely or I'll be forced to hop on my broomstick and kick in the afterburners.:evil:

• Members

OK, I'll try to play, but I want to change the rules a bit. How about "which guitars did you fall in love with, and why?" Ignoring the restrictions on easily-acquired factory-made guitars....

Martin 000-15S: for the surprising bass, the warm mahogany tone, the perfect neck, and the intoxicating smell.

CFox H-Sonoma: ultra-low-profile neck, strong fundamental voice, wide nut, just the perfect small-body fingerstyle guitar.

Northwood MJ: most comfortable larger-body I've played, deeeeep bass, lovely neck, beautifully executed build, and just plain hard to put down.

I have more, but I don't want to make anybody jealous. :)

• Members

Which standard production make and model acoustic or acoustic/electric is the best overall guitar that can be purchased? Please exclude anything that is custom built,limited edition or out of production guitars that are nearly impossible to find used. I realize that this is subjective to the listener but I am curious to hear your opinions.

Thanks!

-Count

Among the mountain of opinions here... :lol: Martin D-28.

Archived