Live in the south?

FretFiend.

• Members

RH has hovered around 65%-75% in the guitar room all summer. A bit high, but nothing to really worry about. The gits are fine... maybe sound a bit dull.

The first cool snap is on us, and the RH immediately dropped to about 45%... practically in a matter of hours.

I expect the guitars to wake up in the next few days. A good thing, since I'll likely be spending more time indoors with them. :thu:

• Members

I live at the southwest tip of Florida. When I moved here in 1993 I threw away all my "Damp-its" and never looked back.I have a "guitar room" with about 30 guitars on the wall. They rarely have action adjustment issues. But the strings do get rusty quickly.

• Members

I just took a peek at my Springfield hygrometer on my desk. RH is 47% here in the Columbus area right now. I'm sure it won't be long before I'll be making some sponges wet. I've got two Planet Waves humidifier dealies that fit in the guitar strings, but I like the home-made baggie/sponges better. Easier to tell when they need more water added.

We've got an April Air whole-house humidifer on our furnace, but in the Winter time it still can get down to under 30%.....so, I still have to humidify my gits.

• Members

Foggy and 69F/56% RH here in the Pac. North Wet. Gits in the house don't sound too bad, and of course, the ones in the climate-controlled studio are okay (studio kept as close to 45% RH as possible at all times).

Gawd, I remember living in Lousy-Ana. Poor gits always sounded like they were stuffed full of socks. The rare low-humidity day was a real treat.

Archived