New Year's Resolutions. Let's Hear 'em.

Opa John

• Members

My resolutions:

(A) Become worthy of my wife, kids and Grandmother.

(B) Be more tolerant of those who test my patience.

© Finish the CD I've been working on for the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot

View Post

Oh, I forgot one;

Find other guitar forums without American gun fetishists.

Speaking as a responsible gun owner (not sure if that translates as "American gun fetishist" tongue.gif): Hang around and set the ones who can't accept opinions other than their own a good example. You contribute value to H-C AG. cool.gif

And I hope you and yours had a fun Xmas and will have a great 2013, as I hope for all my friends. smile.gif

• Members

Your post clearly indicates that your second resolution is patently false. If you really wanted to pay no attention to my posts, you would not have responded in such a manner. I suggest you put me on your ignore list. It's quite simple to do. Even you should be able to figure out how to do it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Allan Hall

View Post

Speaking as a responsible gun owner (not sure if that translates as "American gun fetishist" tongue.gif): Hang around and set the ones who can't accept opinions other than their own a good example. You contribute value to H-C AG. cool.gif

And I hope you and yours had a fun Xmas and will have a great 2013, as I hope for all my friends. smile.gif

Thank you for your kind words, Terry. You don't seem to fit the definition of 'fetishist,' as that is someone who starts drooling/gets a hard-on from pictures of guns. This forum is not the appropriate place for this stuff, and as a non-American, the people who do drool over such things, and get hard-ons for such things, nauseate the hell out of me. The crazy ideologues who will see no reason depress the hell out of me. Truly. I try to avoid twisted, sick {censored}s in real life, and I don't see why my virtual life should be any different. I'll be around, I guess, but I really can't be an example to anyone, as I feel very passionately about this issue. I guess I care too much, and expected better from what is ostensibly the 'greatest country in the world.' If America eats itself alive, or shoots itself dead, who will lead? America is a {censored}ing basketcase, and it is the blind adherence to a misguided, twisted ideology that prevents America from doing better. America should be better than this. Everyone I know in the real world just shakes their head and mutters 'crazy {censored}ing Americans, what a pity.' Rome is burning, and various special interests would distract you all from the real reasons as to why this is so. I cannot be tolerant of ignorance, and willful ignorance is, to me, the worst of all sins.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by FretFiend.

View Post

If you're so {censored}ing depressed and nauseated by this place, and all the Americans here, and can't be a shining example to us, and America is such a basket case, why are you still here? freak.gif

Do you ever try to edify? Ever? Please give examples, I can find none.

Would love to play the original post, but I really find it more depressing to break resolutions, therefore I make none. Publicly.

• Members

View Post

I cannot be tolerant of ignorance, and willful ignorance is, to me, the worst of all sins.

This particular well-traveled American says:

In that case you've got your work cut out for you. Come to America and get to know some of these people you so haughtily and ignorantly caricaturize, stereotype, and condemn. It would be really good for your intellectual and moral development, and contribute significantly to your worldliness.

There is more to America than gets filtered through The Guardian and the BBC. Trust me on this. There's a "real world" over here that would surprise you quite a lot.

• Members

View Post

Thank you for your kind words, Terry. You don't seem to fit the definition of 'fetishist,' as that is someone who starts drooling/gets a hard-on from pictures of guns. This forum is not the appropriate place for this stuff, and as a non-American, the people who do drool over such things, and get hard-ons for such things, nauseate the hell out of me. The crazy ideologues who will see no reason depress the hell out of me. Truly. I try to avoid twisted, sick {censored}s in real life, and I don't see why my virtual life should be any different. I'll be around, I guess, but I really can't be an example to anyone, as I feel very passionately about this issue. I guess I care too much, and expected better from what is ostensibly the 'greatest country in the world.' If America eats itself alive, or shoots itself dead, who will lead? America is a {censored}ing basketcase, and it is the blind adherence to a misguided, twisted ideology that prevents America from doing better. America should be better than this. Everyone I know in the real world just shakes their head and mutters 'crazy {censored}ing Americans, what a pity.' Rome is burning, and various special interests would distract you all from the real reasons as to why this is so. I cannot be tolerant of ignorance, and willful ignorance is, to me, the worst of all sins.

Still hope you'll stick around..."gun fetishers", while noisy and often obnoxious, are, by far, the minority...most gun owners are just regular folks, and we're comfortable enough with our manhood to not need paramiltary guns (I figure if I can't change a law-breaker's mind by "working the ratchet" on my 12-guage, it's only going to take one shell to end the conversation). Those who're too afraid to face the world w/o such "toys" are growing fewer, and eventually will be out of the equation, often by their own inept hand.

There's still guitars to discuss. smile.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Sangemon

View Post

Yes, it's an OM-35. So sweet!

I've never played one...must remedy that, one of these days. smile.gif

Archived