How Many Guitars Do You Own?

seagullplayer77

• Members
Was out in my barn/studio, trying to figure out how many more Danos can be resurrected, but I don't want to talk about it...it's a sickness, I guess.
:p

Gee, TAH...any Dano 12-ers in the bunch? Oh, how I love 'em and am gassing for one of my own!
(BTW - Happy Belated Yule, M'dear)

Our collection includes a few wall hangers that are seldom played, but all are playable.

One cute little red Synsonics electric, my rommie found sticking out of a dumpster. Guess some guy's GF got tired of storing his stuff or he was a lousy musician? :idk: Who cares? It's ours now. :D

Coolest of the bunch is a '64 Strat. That git sounds sooooo good. Of course, it's the way da roomie plays it. That guy forgot more about playing git than I'll ever know in this lifetime.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Gee, TAH...any Dano 12-ers in the bunch?

A few...my current favorite is a "Bell-zouki" that I've almost finished resurrecting...here's a pretty clean example (not mine):

17438.jpg

The problem w/ the original Dano 12s is that most were strung too heavily, so finding an unwarped neck is pretty tough...started accumulating these back in the mid-70s, when you could literally buy these guitars for $5 and $10 per (yards sales/fleamarkets), in many cases, in excellent condition.

Nowdays, Danos're "desirable", again, and just a p/u runs $75 and up, so I'm always watching for ones I can get cheaply for parts...when I have one of every model/color (originals, only...no re-ishs), I'm going to mount the collection on one wall, in chronological (by date of manufacture) order...and find a new obscession.
:lol:

Oh, how I love 'em and am gassing for one of my own!

Get one of the re-ishes...they're really decent, and have great necks.

(BTW - Happy Belated Yule, M'dear)

Thanx, Dear Lady...hope your's was nice, as well!
:thu:

Our collection includes a few wall hangers that are seldom played, but all are playable.

One cute little red Synsonics electric, my rommie found sticking out of a dumpster. Guess some guy's GF got tired of storing his stuff or he was a lousy musician?
:idk:
Who cares? It's ours now.
:D

Is it the one w/ a tiny built-in amp? I found the one-p/u, no-vibrato-arm version at a yard sale a few years back and gave it to friend's kid....surprisingly decent guitar, considering they used to be sold by "Toyz-R-Us"!

Borrowed it back for an afternoon it to record a couple of tracks on my current CD-in-the-making, just to get THAT "Synsonic-sound"!
:lol:

post-4521-1244420808.jpg

Coolest of the bunch is a '64 Strat. That git sounds sooooo good. Of course, it's the way da roomie plays it. That guy forgot more about playing git than I'll ever know in this lifetime.

For those who might dig some Dano/Coral/Silvertone Overload:
http://www.danguitars.com/DanoGallery.html
http://www.danguitars.com/DanoGallerypage2.html

• 3 years later...
  • Members

I currently have 34 guitars.

Gibsons

65 Melody Maker

68 EB2 Bass

81 LP Std

88 LP Custom showcase

81 ES 347

08 60's tribute Goldtop

04 SG crescent inlays

06 SG standard

80 Marauder

Fenders

65 Mustang

10 USA Tele Special

79 Maple neck strat

06 Rosewood HSS strat

99 Tele Custom

99 Mex strat

10 JA Tele Thinline

Taylor

816 CE

SB1 Walnut

Baby flamed maple

PRS

Custom 22

Santana 3

SC245

Others

Ramirez R4

Peavey Wolfgang Carved Top D tuner

Robin JS1

68 Silertone acoustic

74 Martin D28

86 Peavey Horizon 2

Parker P44

Jackson DK2 with booster

Music Man OLP 5 string bass

Raven West T543

Ibanez S580

Hamer Tele

• Members

As most of your guitars are of the electric variety, you are in the wrong place.
But since at least a few are acoustic, it will be forgiven.

But what is not going to be forgiven is the fact that you woke up the dead. The thread you posted in was long dead and forgotten. No post since 2009.
But since you are a newbie, you might - again - receive absolution if you continue to actively participate in this forum.

• Members

Last post in this thread; December of '09 until this clown showed up.

Revive a zombie thread, make a couple of posts, and then disappear into the ether.

You are currently number 28.facepalm.gif

gpie1288---2 posts

robert froyd--1 post

blueharp1--3 posts

el;vin lateagan--4 posts

Kiddarkness--1 post

biopticpaper--1 post

Guitarsaver--2 posts

kgraham7s--1 post

frnell--1 post

bnewell--2 posts

Quanto--1 post

hot_burrito_1--1 post

Robb Hughes--1 post

hbrector--1 post

Alexia Snear--1 post

Myriam NT--1 post

campfire-guitars-- 1 post

yagerhawk--1 post

swfinse--1 post

eanna--1 post

aieauka--2 posts

jonford--4 posts

Coastal--2 posts

jazzy64--2 posts

45311--2 posts

gsdrunk--3 posts

rtmuzyka--1 post

Mawtel15 --1 post

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Guitars, I have four. Two acoustics, a nice Taylor solid-top and a Takamine lambox beater, and two electrics, a Highway-1 Strat (older style before they went to 70's headstocks) and an Epiphone Les Paul Studio.

Add basses and that total goes up to seven; a Yamaha BB-404 that rarely sees much play time from me but is my go-to loaner to new players on the praise team, a Fender MIM Jazz with a few tricks that's my slapmaster, and a Yamaha TRB-1005 that's my main player.

• Members

I have a gold Epiphone Riviera P-93 on order. I got an Acoustic (manufacturer) 20 watt amp to go along with it. Never enough guitars. I liked the wine red one so much, I decided a gold one might be a good complement to the red one. I'm playing the electrics more than the acoustics lately. Maybe I'll obtain a better acoustic or 3 next year. hmmm. I'd dig a nice Martin. Yes... soon....

• Members

Glenn F wrote:

Too many, especially for a 1 bedroom flat. 9 Electrics; 6 Acoustics; 1 Electric bass; + 4 guitars in the basement that need to be sold. And I am gassing for either a Martin OM-21 or a Lakewood 12 string for my birthday in May. Cheers, Glenn

Sounds good to me Glenn F. Why are 4 guitars in the basement ? And, why do you want to sell them....are they "played out" or something ? Nothing like having 20 guitars. I can dig it. lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have a number of guitars and related instruments. My oldest is a Aria classical which was a graduation gift when I got my BA way back in 1968. I also have a Lucida CG, with a built-in UST. Also in the acoustic world: a Hofner 12 string, with a cheap soundhole PU if I want to plug in.

My electrics include an Oscar Schmidt semi-hollow body I've had for some years. I recently replaced with an Ibanez Artcore hollowbody. 

I also have a Dean acoustic bass, and recently got a Rogue lap steel guitar, and finally I have a cheap bowl style mandolin I got way back when.

• Members

While I'm not a true "gear whore" (my wife won't allow it) there are four guitars, a bass, and a banjo in the house.
My third son has an electric Cort that I play on occasion. He also has the bass.

I am the proud owner of three acoustic guitars.
2006 Ovation 1861LX that I bought three weeks ago.
1997 Alvarez FD80 I've had it for about nine months..
1980 Alvarez 5013 "Iron Horse". I bought it in 1996.

A few others have come and gone, I only miss one...a mid '50's Kay acoustic arch top....

Archived