How Many Guitars Do You Own?

seagullplayer77

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some of ya'll just make me sick.:facepalm:
Here I am trying to find ONE that'll work for me and many of ya'll have 8 and 10 guitars, geeze. NO ONE better ever tell me that I have GAS, EVER AGAIN. I've got one stinkin' guitar for pete sake, no GAS there. Just a desperate guy with ZERO budget trying to find a decent guitar. LOL.:poke:

P.S.
I'm more then open to giving some of your guitars a great home, I'd even pay shipping,LOL.;)

• Members

Frank, I had one guitar for a long, long time. My parents gave it to me when I was in high school, and I wanted another one so badly, but I just kept playing the one I had, changed strings and played it some more.

I ended up housing a left-handed Yamaha for a few months, but I found a lefty who wanted it and it moved on down the road.

I didn't get another one until my brother (a real gear ho) moved out of the country about six years ago. He left several guitars with me, and gave me the Strat. Other siblings wanted to learn to play, so I ended up just with his dread and that Strat. And that's all I had until the last couple of years when I've started to accumulate a few more.

Patience has rewarded me. But while I had one guitar, I just lived with it and enjoyed it.

• Members

It's good to see that I'm not the only one that's crazy.
Here's what I have at this point:

Ovation E104 classical
Ovation Pinnacle 12 string
Carvin DC-100 electric
Carvin C980T acoustic electric
1983 Fender Malibu sycamore dreadnaught
Squire Stratocaster MIM customized
Phantom semi hollowbody ES-335 style
Epiphone LP standard
Yamaha FN575E acoustic Electric
Agile AL-3000 CSB P90
Agile Cool Cat Prestige Hollowbody
Cort Earth 202 Cedar Top
Cort Earth 1200 NAMM Limited Edition
Cort Earth 1500
Cort Earth Custom
Cort CJ-LE2 Limited Edition Maple Jumbo
Cort Larry Coryell Jazz Hollowbody
69 Guild CE-100-D Hollowbody
Gibson ES-135 Semi Hollowbody

• Members

Some of ya'll just make me sick.
:facepalm:
Here I am trying to find ONE that'll work for me and many of ya'll have 8 and 10 guitars, geeze. NO ONE better ever tell me that I have GAS, EVER AGAIN. I've got one stinkin' guitar for pete sake, no GAS there. Just a desperate guy with ZERO budget trying to find a decent guitar. LOL.:poke:

P.S.

I'm more then open to giving some of your guitars a great home, I'd even pay shipping,LOL.
;)

I also only had one guitar for a while. Between the ages of 18-20, I had 'no fixed address.' All I had was a bag of clothes and an acoustic guitar. When I got off the street, I got an electric. I worked, went back to school for a long time, and worked hard again before I managed to get another. I always fantasized about having a room full of guitars, and, approaching 50 years old next year, I've made that dream a reality. Ain't gonna apologize for that. :)

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

I do hope ya'll know that I was just having some fun with ya'. :cry: Wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes. :)

So, for those who have more then one(or several) are they all great guitars or are some of em' just "beaters" or what? Right now I'm just looking for a really great guitar that'll be my "end all, do all" guitar. Then I can maybe think about a $100 buck "beater" to just take along so I'll have something to play if the mood hits.

The MM is pretty decent but it could use a TusQ nut(Thanks OST, can't wait for it to get here) and a TusQ saddle to really bring it around. In the mean time I'm ALWAYS looking for something "better" or something that has a better tone or that just "feels" more right. I guess I'll know it when I play it because the clouds will part and the sun will shine on and warm my face while I hear angles singing in the background,LOL. AJ500M was real close. Yah, I know, sell the MM and get the Masterbilt. Easier said then done. Unless ya'll want to send me a buck each to add to my guitar fund.;)

• Members

Well, since this is rapidly becoming GAS-o-holics Anonymous, I'll admit to:

5 Guild acoustics
3 Gibson acoustics
1 Taylor acoustic
1 Yammie acoustic
1 Rodrigues acoustic
2 mandolins
2 mandocellos
8 banjos (of various string numbers)
3 ukeleles
1 prima balalaika
2 domras
1 dobro
1 Oahu hawaian guitar
several home-made "thingies"
3 Fender Teles
1 hollowbody electric (not sure of brand)
2 Fender P-basses
1 Fender "Mandocaster"
21 functional Danelecros
I honestly have no idea how many "in need of repair/completion" Danelectros

All this accumulated over the course of 35 years, though.

• Members

I do hope ya'll know that I was just having some fun with ya'.
:cry:
Wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes.
:)
So, for those who have more then one(or several) are they all great guitars or are some of em' just "beaters" or what? Right now I'm just looking for a really great guitar that'll be my "end all, do all" guitar. Then I can maybe think about a $100 buck "beater" to just take along so I'll have something to play if the mood hits.

The MM is pretty decent but it could use a TusQ nut(Thanks OST, can't wait for it to get here) and a TusQ saddle to really bring it around. In the mean time I'm ALWAYS looking for something "better" or something that has a better tone or that just "feels" more right. I guess I'll know it when I play it because the clouds will part and the sun will shine on and warm my face while I hear angles singing in the background,LOL. AJ500M was real close. Yah, I know, sell the MM and get the Masterbilt. Easier said then done. Unless ya'll want to send me a buck each to add to my guitar fund.
;)

My Seagulls are the only acoustics I'd feel comfortable going on stage with, or taking to the park, jam, or party. My electrics are a different story. None of my electrics rival the cost of my higher-end acoustics, and I'd be perfectly content to bring just about any of them on stage. Which ones would depend on the material being played.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

I normally don't post because I don't feel that I have any knowledge that would do anybody any good. It's a little embarassing to admit that I own so many guitars when I can't play very well and only play at home for my own enjoyment and to aggravate the dog.

Anyway, I currently own 14 guitars. :facepalm:

Seven acoustics: Martin OM-21 Special
Martin 000-15
Alvarez MD-60
Yamaha FG730S
Ovation CK047 Koa
Silver Creek T-170
Applause AA14-1

Seven electrics: nobody cares

I could be convinced to part with all of them except for the two Martins.

• Members
I normally don't post because I don't feel that I have any knowledge that would do anybody any good. It's a little embarassing to admit that I own so many guitars when I can't play very well and only play at home for my own enjoyment and to aggravate the dog.

Anyway, I currently own 14 guitars.

Martin 000-15

Alvarez MD-60

Yamaha FG730S

Ovation CK047 Koa

Silver Creek T-170

Applause AA14-1

We should start our own forum for talentless hoarders. Actually, that would be a decent name for a band...but then we'd have to play in public.

• Members

1976 HD-28
1976 D12-35
2002 000-15
2003 OM-35
2005 D-35
2006 D-18VS
2006 F512
2005 BR-343
2001 Homebuilt Deep-Body 000 of Koa/Sitka
2002 Homebuilt 000 of Koa/Western Red Cedar
1962 Kay folk-style guitar that has been "remodeled" many times.

Here are the Martins: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2064950120083752501MGhHwy

All I "need" is an HD-28VS.

• Members

2007 Gibson SJ-200 Custom Koa
2009 Santa Cruz OM Short Scale
2008 Martin HD-7 (McGuinn Model with an octave on the G)
1987 Taylor 655 12 string
1995 Breedlove MJ-E 12 string
2007 Larrivee PO5 parlor
Recent Veillette Gryphon high strung 12 string (sounds somewhat like a mando)
1985 Alvarez-Yairi DY61
1991 Alvarez-Yairi DY71 12 string
Recent Blueridge BR-183 (copy of a Martin 000)
Recent Blueridge BG-160 (copy of a slope-shouldered Gibby)
Laguna LD-1 travel guitar (in my office; best travel git I've ever heard)

Wish I was good enough to justify the expense of any one of these!

• Members

Six, all in sig. Guild mainly for flatpicking, getting heavy play right now because I'm trying to learn some bluegrass. Alvarez is my first acoustic and all around beater/strummer. Martin is most recent and was bought to play out with plugged-in, and is also getting a lot of play. Sounds good flatpicked and, to the limited extent I do it, fingerpicked. Classical has no strings on it and is in the case. Electrics gathering dust because I can so rarely plug in and turn up due to small kids.

Some really nice family pics in this thread!

Chris

• Members

Anyway, I currently own 14 guitars.

Martin 000-15

Alvarez MD-60

Yamaha FG730S

Ovation CK047 Koa

Silver Creek T-170

Applause AA14-1

Funny how everybody thinks they can drive like Fangio yet when it comes to playing an instrument humility rises to the surface..love that.

I wouldnt be embarassed it just shows you know how to spend cash wisely...GUITARS ARE A BARGAIN. :thu:

Archived