Zager guitars?

TCBronson

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gary A. Euless, Texas (Dallas/Ft. Worth area) Samilyn and Daklander, thanks for the kind replies.

Welcome Gary, no one here wishes you ill will. The Z*g*r guitar topic always does stir up a lot of ire for a number of reasons, as you have seen. I am glad you are enjoying your guitars, that's really what brings us all together here. Looking forward to you joining in on our many conversations.

• Members

Hi riffmeister, Thanks!

Old guitarplayer, I hear your plight and have read that article too during the time my guitar was in shipment. It scared the hell out of me and I contacted Dennis who assured me that if I did not like the guitar I could return it for a full refund including shipping both ways. I downloaded several photos of their guitars then zoomed way in to inspect the fretwork.

Here is what I will offer you in reply. Look at the photo in the article on the link you supplied then look at the photo I just took of my guitar's fretwork and make up your own mind. I will not get into an arguement. Each of us has our own opinions about things and I can tell you I have mine about that article but for the sake of all here I will not state it.

Make up your own minds after comparing the photos please.

article:

http://www.digitalcartography.com/ZagerGuitar.htm

Mine:

http://www.fenderforum.com/userphotos/index.html?recid=55981

• Members

This is a re-run - I saw this movie.

Lemme guess, a single digit poster (or there's about) feels he has significant insight to share with us poor uninformed acoustic guitar people?

** CAUTION ENDING SPOILER **

It ends with all hell breaking loose and the flying pancreas making a guest appearence.

NZD_Service.gif

• Members

This is a re-run - I saw this movie.

Lemme guess, a single digit poster (or there's about) feels he has significant insight to share with us poor uninformed acoustic guitar people?

Not "Uninformed" but "Misinformed"

Pass the popcorn please:wave:

• Members

Unfortunately, Buba still looks like a shill to me. I hope he stays around and is a formite like the rest of us. anyone coming in with their guns blazing about the wonderful zugur gits is extremely suspect. Time will tell Buba. Hope I am wrong, but I doubt we see you much after this whole discussion dies down.

Zager guitars are not a good deal and are marketed with lies and deceit. The truth is that zager relies on new, uninformed players and takes advantage of them by selling a low end guitar at a a price it should not command. It is NOT a good deal.

• Members

:wave:totamus,

Show over. The popcorn doesn't taste too good anyway. My major problem is when I see something that I feel is wrong I try to make it right just as some of you , I guess, are trying to do also.

If people genuinely feel that way about a particular guitar because they have first hand knowledge then that is their right but if they are just spouting what they here (read) on the internet then you have to say stop spreading stuff you do not know anything about.

You will see more posts here and hopefully when I can look at these posts I will not reply to them.

May God give me the grace to do so!

Anyway, here is to a happy 4th (for all who still have time left) and peace to you all.

Gary

• Members

I think Madras shirts should make a comeback, ya know the kind that "bled" every time you washed them. I think my 9'6" stepdeck noserider without a leash is also due. Desert boots, Beatle boots oh yeah and guitars/ playing guitars and everything related to enjoying our guitars should be the focus here. If Zcrap is brought up lets just ignore it.

• Members

:wave:totamus,

Show over. The popcorn doesn't taste too good anyway. My major problem is when I see something that I feel is wrong I try to make it right just as some of you , I guess, are trying to do also.

If people genuinely feel that way about a particular guitar because they have first hand knowledge then that is their right but if they are just spouting what they here (read) on the internet then you have to say stop spreading stuff you do not know anything about.

You will see more posts here and hopefully when I can look at these posts I will not reply to them.

May God give me the grace to do so!

Anyway, here is to a happy 4th (for all who still have time left) and peace to you all.

Gary

:soapbox: If Zagers are so damn good, why don't we see any seriously big name performers endorsing or using them? Hell, the only ones that speak well of Zager and his shyster marketing tactics are newbies that don't know any better or shills paid by Zager and his cronies. :evil:

• Members

I just googled Zager guitar review (ok I am bored right now) and it is just amazing to me how many posts there are on multiple forums from supposedly different people - and all with the same message and writing style.

"I am writing this review and actually own a Zager" is a common thread. Also common is "people who have never owned a Zager, much less played one". Laughable. Who knows what I have or have not played?

Zager guitars have been analyzed, measured, and judged. They come up lacking and over priced. I recommend inexpensive guitars to others on a regular basis - but would never recommend a Zager. His claims are laughable but to a newbie, they are exactly what seems to be needed.

When this thread is googled, the viewer will see Zager guitars are a rip off (ripoff). Every hobby has their charlatans, our Charlatan happens to be Zager and his magic "string science". If you want to waste your hard earned money on hype, and have other more knowledgeable guitarists pity you for the choice, then by all means purchase a Zager overpriced guitar.

But if you want the most guitar for your money, stay away from Zager and his bogus guitars.

This message brought to you by the council on eliminating forum pollution.

• Members

I would have much less trouble believing the Zagerites are not simply shills for DZ if any of them ever stuck around and became regular, contributing members of the forums. But no, if you look at all zillion pages of this and other Zagerific threads, you will note that almost without exception (TC Bronson being the most notable exception) the Zagerphilic posters establish an account, stir the muck, and then disappear without a trace. Pretty lame...

• Members

Alright, I, being a beginner, bought one of those Zager ZAD 50 awhile back. It think it sounded really good from a noob perspective, even after reading all the controversy, I still bought one. It sounds great and I found it very hard to put down. Three months later it was broken in an accident, the headstock being violently separated from the neck. I emailed the Zagers and asked what it would cost to replace the neck. The response from the Zagers suggested that I take it to a local luthier to see about getting the thing fixed; ultimately I found that repairs would cost me as much as what I paid for the guitar. What do I do? I have been playing every day for three months to the point of addiction, and now no guitar!! No way right now can I afford another 500 for a new zager . So,,,revisit the forums and start looking for a sub 400 dollar guitar that would sound as good as the Zager. Pretending that Zager never existed, I narrow the list down to: Seagull, takamine, Yamaha, Breedlove and a couple of others on the maybe list. Made the trip over to the Guitar Center and started evaluating their acoustic stock. I did not really like any of the guitars on my list, except the Breedlove, and the one I played in my price range was a smaller form factor than what I wanted. Most sounded at least as good as the Zager if not overall better, but lacked the mellow thrombi tone my Zager produced. By chance I picked up a Parkwood 310M that is priced the same as the Zager and about the same size, but thinner body. The Parkwood sounded awesome, far better than the Zager. The purity and sustain of the Parkwood

• Members

The new guitar hurts my fingers, but i just dont care.

Take that new Parkwood to a good competent luthier or tech and get a proper setup done on it. It shouldn't cost over about $65, likely much less, and the difference will surprise you. :thu:

Enjoy the new guitar!

• Members

Great, another long-winded testimonial from a brand new user. Not even a "hi, hello, my name is Denny and I've been playing 25 years...."
:rolleyes:

Viral marketing at its worst.

I think he said that the parkwood was better?

EDIT: I still smell something fishy about our new friend . . . . . .

• Members

Well, I just wanted to post my personal experience of having been Zagerized . I did not dislike the guitar, it sounded nice to my ear. But after having been forced into a new purchase, and having gained at least a little experience, I feel I can say that the Zager is no better than a sub 300 guitar at best and that the Parkwood as well as many other low ends I tried are much better sounding than the Zager. For those people who will come to this thread straight from the Ebay site, I just wanted to express IMHO that 500 dollars can buy you a twice better guitar than a Zager ZAD-50. It is after all a little confusing to see such glowing feedback on ebay and in other reviews, and then read the conjugate opinions from you guys here.

People buying Zagers do not get the chance to sit down a play them side by side with other commercial brands, since they are not sold anywhere but thru Denny. I have had the unfortunate experience of paying more than what I should have while getting less than what I could have and probably should have listened in the first place. The best I can do Is to warn others. I hope this helps to dissipate the uncomfortable aquatic smell, if not, sadly, that is simply your burden to bear.

EZ-Play anything guaranties nothing.

• Members

.....you will note that almost without exception (TC Bronson being the most notable exception) the Zagerphilic posters establish an account, stir the muck, and then disappear without a trace. Pretty lame...

:wave:

Don't forget about me. I've owned and loved my Zad 50 for three plus years. I have wasted way too much time on here rebutting the dogma on this topic and now have arrived at a place where I can just shake my head.

Maybe the muck they encounter leaves a bad taste.

Archived