Gibson SG designed by Kiefer Sutherland of "24" (WOW!)

dougbeens

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by 69lespaul

So much for the smart ass comment about a guitar painted by a NON PLAYER huh.

Always remeber and never forget that "A closed mouth gathers no foot". And just what the {censored} makes the SG you posted more playable than the one that Sutherland painted. Sheesh. What bull{censored}.

First of all, Sutherland probably sucks on guitar, or he would've put out an album or two like Kevin Bacon (The Bacon Brothers), Russell Crowe (30 Odd Foot of Grunts), Bruce Willis, etc. etc. You get the idea.

Secondly, what makes the SG I posted so special is that it was hand-painted for (and owned by) Eric Clapton, who played it with Cream. It was later sold to another famous Rocker (and studio genious) by the name of Todd Rundgren, who played it with his band Utopia.

Dude, if you don't know what "The Fool" is, you obviously got a lot to learn about guitars.

I guarantee that Sutherlands guitar will never be nearly as famous. It's more like a hobby for a rich guy who can afford to strip and paint guitars that you and I (and most other people) could never afford to buy.

Now grow up and get a clue, sonny, before you talk about inserting "foot in mouth."

Educate yourself, lad...

http://www.channel1.com/users/lsprague/foolsg/

• Members

I disagree. The KS SG looks interesting. The Clapton one looks like acid-casualty hippy wank.

Originally posted by Buck62

Actually, when you think about it, the pic on that SG will look pretty stupid when (or "if") somebody ever plays that thing. It's painted so that it only looks good sitting on a guitar stand or mounted on a wall. Figures... being that it was painted by a non-player. That guitar is simply a "Yuppie Wall-Hanger."

Now
here's
an SG that was hand-painted with "playing" in mind..... (for the audience to appreciate)

fool6.jpg

• Members

First of all, Sutherland probably sucks on guitar, or he would've put out an album or two like Kevin Bacon (The Bacon Brothers), Russell Crowe (30 Odd Foot of Grunts), Bruce Willis, etc. etc. You get the idea.

Secondly, what makes the SG I posted so special is that it was hand-painted for (and owned by) Eric Clapton, who played it with Cream. It was later sold to another famous Rocker (and studio genious) by the name of Todd Rundgren, who played it with his band Utopia.

Dude, if you don't know what "The Fool" is, you obviously got a lot to learn about guitars.

I guarantee that Sutherlands guitar will never be
nearly
as famous. It's more like a hobby for a rich guy who can afford to strip and paint guitars that you and I (and most other people) could never afford to buy.

Now grow up and get a clue, sonny, before you talk about inserting "foot in mouth."

Educate yourself, lad...

http://www.channel1.com/users/lsprague/foolsg/

{censored}ing hell, lighten up man. :rolleyes:

BTW, Bruce Willis? Do you mean his short-lived pop career as 'Bruno'? "Under the boardwalk, BOARDWALK...."

• Members

...and have you actually listened to those albums???

I've never heard him play, so you could be right, but on the other hand it's also possible that he doesn't feel the need to put out a vanity project like that. I mean, come on.... Crowe's especially was bloody awful.

• Members

I guarantee that Sutherlands guitar will never be
nearly
as famous. It's more like a hobby for a rich guy who can afford to strip and paint guitars that you and I (and most other people) could never afford to buy.

Educate yourself, lad...

You come off like a disgruntled high-school kid who's grasping at straws for anything to feel smart about... and it's not quite working!

First off, releasing records has nothing to do with raw talent. How many people are there in the world who have incredible talent and no record? TONS.

Second, how is Clapton paying an elite group of four Dutch artists ("the Fool") any more respectable than painting one yourself?

Third, cost of stripping and painting is negligable at best. (aside from the fact that he paid nothing for the guitar because he was asked to paint it specifically for this breast cancer auction.)

And finally, most of us could easily afford the guitar considering its price is being estimated at $800-1000.

Even you could spend your summer this year mowing people's lawns and buy it before you even reach 10th Grade.

• Members
Originally posted by Dougy

{censored}ing hell, lighten up man.
:rolleyes:

Ummm, I'm not the one who used "what the {censored}?" and "bull{censored}" in my post... the other guy did. As a matter of fact, I used no swear words at all, unlike you and the other guy. Is that the best you guys can do? You can't make a good arguement for arguement's sake? Using the "F-word" is sooo much more intelligent in making a point, I guess. :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by dougbeens

You come off like a disgruntled high-school kid who's grasping at straws for
anything
to feel smart about... and it's not quite working!

Even
you
could spend your summer this year mowing people's lawns and buy it before you even reach 10th Grade.

Well, little Dougie, sorry to disappoint, but I'm 42 and have been playing guitar for 10 years longer than you've been alive... that's 30 years, in case you don't have a calculator handy. I'm easily old enough to be your dad, but thankfully, I'm not. It's funny you should chastise me with your "opinion", since yours is no better than mine. It's just an opinion, no more no less. If you don't like my opinion (or others, for that matter) than I suggest you unplug your computer and practice more guitar.

And yes, I could afford a new SG if I wanted to, but they're waaay over-priced for what Gibson gives you.

• Members

Educate yourself, lad...

"On the contrary, I think it looks like total poop.

I could've blown snot on plywood and made it look better.

But, to each his own!"

{Your first smart assed comment. This was very negative considering why KS painted this guitar. I have lost several family members and one co-worker to breast cancer. So I was understandably proud of KS for doing this and equally embarrassed for you trashing his efforts the way you did. So out of the gate on this thread I got a little steamed at you. Probably because I am a fan of his acting and I applaud his efforts to give back to the community

Archived