Gibson SG designed by Kiefer Sutherland of "24" (WOW!)

dougbeens

• Members

First off, I had to jump out of the thread early 'cause I'd not watched this week's 24 (my favorite show). It was sitting on the TiVo, and this has been a hectic week.

Secondly, wow. I had no idea he was so talented (I know I sure as hell couldn't paint anything like that on anything, let alone a guitar). Compounding that, to know he's a player raises him hundreds of levels in my esteem. :)

Thirdly, to Cloudnine, I think when you have a wife, no matter how much money you have, it tends to put a little of that "I'm broke and po'" tension back into bringing a purchase home (or even thinking about it). :D

Lastly, it's kinda sad that some people (not naming names) have to {censored} on things. This was done for a good cause, looks great, etc. It may not be your thing, but you can't deny it's a nice piece, or that we all would have been better served if you'd just kept your mouth shut.

//S

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by 69lespaul

"On the contrary, I think it looks like total poop.

I could've blown snot on plywood and made it look better.

But, to each his own!"

{Your first smart assed comment. This was very negative considering why KS painted this guitar. I have lost several family members and one co-worker to breast cancer. So I was understandably proud of KS for doing this and equally embarrassed for you trashing his efforts the way you did. So out of the gate on this thread I got a little steamed at you. Probably because I am a fan of his acting and I applaud his efforts to give back to the community

• Members
Originally posted by Buck62

My opinions are just that... opinions.

If you take them as "smart-assed comments", then that's your problem, not mine.

Besides, just to be fair, where is your outrage at these other people who posted negative comments about Sutherland's guitar?

(This personal attack alledging that Sutherland is a drug addict)

(Another negative potshot)

(An even worse attack than mine!)

(Same guy, updated opinion)

It's a crazy concept, but some people actually don't agree with your opinions from time to time.

Imagine that!
:eek::D
:D

Well Buck I have become well aquainted with Europa's sense of humor over the period of my membership here on HC, so I knew he was just kidding, and even if he wasn't his remark wasn't nearly as mean sprited as you were. dzjupp's comment also appeared to be poking fun. I will not comment on why I ignored the third poster you quoted.
I never said you were not entitled to your opinion, and I in fact respect it and more importantly you're right to it. Nor did I make the comments I did because you did not agree with my opinion. I was only steamed as I said, because you really kind of attacked KS for doing something for a worthy cause that means a lot to me personally. It was possible to say that you thought the guitar was ugly and leave it at that without making the other assumptions you made regarding his ability as a player etc. That's all I was responding to. I did not intend to start a flame war, it was a knee jerk reaction to your negative comments. Peace.

• Members

Well, little Dougie, sorry to disappoint, but I'm 42 and have been playing guitar for 10 years longer than you've been alive... that's 30 years, in case you don't have a calculator handy. I'm easily old enough to be your dad, but thankfully, I'm not. It's funny you should chastise me with your "opinion", since yours is no better than mine. It's just an opinion, no more no less. If you don't like my opinion (or others, for that matter) than I suggest you unplug your computer and practice more guitar.

And yes, I could afford a new SG if I wanted to, but they're waaay over-priced for what Gibson gives you.

You ignorant jerk. Nobody is trying to take away your right to an opinion. We've all got them, and we all state them publicly for either the approval or disapproval of anyone who should happen upon it. It's not "funny that I should chastise" you with my opinion: It's expected. Congrats: You've got an opinion. Big deal.

Oh, and using my factual age in relation to yours as if it is something that can even be used in a condescending manner is about as antiquated a notion as it gets. Yes - I'm 19 years old.... and I'm one hell of a 19-year-old at that. How sad that I'm arguing more intelligently than a man nearly as old as my father.

Buck, the bottom line is that you argue childishly - and in a manner that comes off as uneducated and unable to communicate intelligently.

You might consider the irony in my saying the following: "GROW UP!"

• Members

Well, little Dougie, sorry to disappoint, but I'm 42 and have been playing guitar for 10 years longer than you've been alive... that's 30 years, in case you don't have a calculator handy.

Sad that at 42 you feel the need to post petty statements like that...I pity you.

Seriously. :(

• Members
Originally posted by dougbeens

You ignorant jerk. Nobody is trying to take away your right to an opinion. We've all got them, and we all state them publicly for either the approval or disapproval of anyone who should happen upon it. It's not "funny that I should chastise" you with my opinion: It's expected. Congrats: You've got an opinion. Big deal.

Oh, and using my factual age in relation to yours as if it is something that can even be used in a condescending manner is about as antiquated a notion as it gets. Yes - I'm 19 years old.... and I'm one hell of a 19-year-old at that. How sad that I'm arguing more intelligently than a man nearly as old as my father.

Buck, the bottom line is that you argue childishly - and in a manner that comes off as uneducated and unable to communicate intelligently.

You might consider the irony in my saying the following: "GROW UP!"
[/quote

Dougbeens....I love you. I just fell in love with you right here on this thread. I am proud of you. I thought you were much older. I thought it was just me that saw this guy for the jerk he was being. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and try to apologize because I did not want to start aflame war over this. It was a good if not great paint job, for a more than worthy cause and Buck felt the need to knock Keifer down for it. KS is doing good things for the community around him and playing his music.....I say good on him. If you check Buck's profile you will see he is a studio engineer and producer. And he apparently has engineered and produced bands we have heard of. I can only imagine the what he says about his clients music after they leave his studio. And paid him of course.

• Members

Actually, when you think about it, the pic on that SG will look pretty stupid when (or "if") somebody ever plays that thing. It's painted so that it only looks good sitting on a guitar stand or mounted on a wall. Figures... being that it was painted by a non-player. That guitar is simply a "Yuppie Wall-Hanger."

Now
here's
an SG that was hand-painted with "playing" in mind..... (for the audience to appreciate)

fool6.jpg

Todd Rundgren's guitar.

• Members
Originally posted by 69lespaul

Dougbeens....I love you. I just fell in love with you right here on this thread. I am proud of you. I thought you were much older. I thought it was just me that saw this guy for the jerk he was being. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and try to apologize because I did not want to start aflame war over this. It was a good if not great paint job, for a more than worthy cause and Buck felt the need to knock Keifer down for it. KS is doing good things for the community around him and playing his music.....I say good on him. If you check Buck's profile you will see he is a studio engineer and producer. And he apparently has engineered and produced bands we have heard of. I can only imagine the what he says about his clients music after they leave his studio. And paid him of course.

+1! Awesome. I thought you were older too. :) 1 hell of a 19 year old is right.

//S

• Members

You guys can now congratulate yourselves for defeating me with your keen wit and divine wisdom.

Let the back-patting and high-fiving begin!! :eek:

Nobody seemed to notice that I posted two laughing-smilies on the "poop" comment from JoeBoy. I think he's the only one who "got it" that I wasn't exactly serious about blowing snot that looks better than a painted picture. But you geniouses have got everything figured out, because you're so mature. So here I sit, wounded, defeated, and humbled by the brilliance of your ability to recognize the phenomenal artistic ability of a TV actor.... who, BTW, would probably be a heating & cooling repairman if weren't for his famous dad opening all the proper doors for him. But, I digress. I bow to your stellar insight of artistic talent. I think you guys have a future as art critics. :)

• Members

No problem... anything I can do to spread some love around.

I'm very giving in that way.

Okay Buck...Shocker's right. That made me laugh out loud. And no i did not in fact see the smileys on that original post. Peace.

Archived