Sad..These forums have died. Where has everyone gone?

sventvkg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well darn... as a keyboard player and someone with no original guitar playing, you don't have a horse in the race then.

Why? If the purpose is to check out each other's original compostions, what possible difference does the instrument it is being played on make?

And, once again, what is this "race" you speak of? You keep talking as if this is a competition. If so, what are the rules? How is the winner determined? Who is the judge?

• Members

Maannn....just a {censored} thing to say. And I kinda take that slapdick line personally.

I make a full time living in the business. There is not one dime I make that is not music business related. And it has been that way for going on 20 years. I'm not a trust fund kid, and my wife does not work for anyone else but me. I buried one kid, put one thru college, and the last one will graduate hs next year. Everything I have I have earned in the music business. I have played everything from sheds to theaters to "A" room clubs as a sideman to signed artists. I have ridden on the bus, bitch. I have played everything from theaters to coffee houses with my instrumental music. My music for production has appeared in local, regional, national and international commercials, tv shows, and movies. I have a endorsement deal with a guitar maker and an effects maker.

Don't tell me I'm an amateur, cuz it is a bunch of loudmouth internet swagger.

A life in art takes many forms, and to assume that yours is best and it puts you above everyone here, makes you a douche. Some of us choose to STAY AWAY from the side of the business that seems to have made you so popular and famous and so much better than the rest of us.

{censored} you, sir.

couldn't locate your website with your fantastic music, give me a link, and I tell you if it is "{censored} you, sir" or marvellous

• Members

Hey Einstein!!

Kruger and Dunning proposed that, for a given skill, incompetent people will:

1. tend to overestimate their own level of skill;

2. fail to recognize genuine skill in others;

3. fail to recognize the extremity of their inadequacy;

4. recognize and acknowledge their own previous lack of skill, if they can be trained to substantially improve.

Pay close attention to #2 and 3

there is another phenomena, that is when you tell someone how much their music sucks, of course all packed in some nice music terminology, they get very angry at you and even tell you some names, and five years later they thank you that you where one of the very few perons who told them the truth

• Members

couldn't locate your website with your fantastic music, give me a link, and I tell you if it is "{censored} you, sir" or marvellous

Whether or not you LIKE a small fraction of my work, has nothing to do with the fact that you slathered the folks here with "you are all a bunch of amateurs". I make my living in this biz. THAT is what gets you the big "{censored} you"...not your opinion of 1 project.

And speaking of that project, of the other 2 musicians in that project, one has a grammy, and the other was nominated for one.

But Post #49 in this very thread has all the information you need to do your research.

• Members

You have two choices -

1- You post up on Soundclick, we do battle over there. Let the public decide.

2- You can make me a Mod here then everyone will kiss my ass, play nice, just like they do with you.

Fair enough?

To be honest, I really do want you to give my playing a listen but this venue is as hostile as it gets. Nothing will come of the commentary here, none will be fair. I'm just choosing a venue that provides an even playing field.

This isn't about letting anyone else decide anything. This is NOT about anyone else but you and me. I said I'll show you mine if you show me yours. You said o.k. I posted, and you criticized. Cool. Now it is your turn.....

....so what do you do? Try to change the game.:facepalm: The band in that particular project doesn't do soundclick for BUSINESS reasons.

O.k., junior you are afraid of negative criticism. Many young musicians without a lot of experience are. So here's what I'll do. PM me your link. I'll take a listen. If you don't want me to comment LIKE YOU DID, here in the open, I won't (I don't want a young pup like yourself to be all skeerd of the people on a musician's forum). I'll send you a PM back with my opinions. Your fear of negative criticism should be squashed cuz you obviously don't respect anyone's opinion here, and we can keep this between you and me.

Link please.....I held up my end of the bargain....now you do yours....unless of course you are feeling a bit...um...what's the word?

• Members

Angelo, I see you're the turd in the churn on many forums. I like seeing you ignored by the great Bruce Swedian. Listened to some of your "music". Put me to sleep...... musical diazepam. Will not make that mistake again. Please go eat a broom. Those close to you will certainly be relieved.

• Members

Angelo, I see you're the turd in the churn on many forums. I like seeing you ignored by the great Bruce Swedian. Listened to some of your "music". Put me to sleep...... musical diazepam. Will not make that mistake again. Please go eat a broom. Those close to you will certainly be relieved.

Now that's a real opinion!

P.S. If you like, send me a telegram the day you can compose like that. I have a lot of work to commission.

• Members

I eat a broom when your band members can earn a living with the music linked on post #49.

Srsly, thanks for taking the time to listen.

Multiple income streams in the music business is how I make my money. Original music projects, buy out music, contract music for broadcast post houses, publishing, gigs, teaching, sideman work, print, product development, studio work, RINGTONES....the list goes on. Then again you'd know that if you were a musician. In the biz. And had been for 20 years.

Again, this isn't about the quality of my work...this is about your ASSUMPTIONS regarding the folks that post here. Period.

• Members

Listen to music of forumites is not assumption.

however I would have to base anything else you do in the entertainment industry on assumptions if I would think about it, especially since I am with the largest music provider and digital licensing company

OK, use that giant music biz brain of yours while we recap....

You said that everyone here is "a bunch of amateurs." I took offense and told you what I do...which is make a living in the business. You said lemme hear your music which I did. You then said "you can't make a living with that" and something about ingesting a broom. I reminded you of the concept of making a living in the music biz and that your opinion of that project has nothing to do with that.

See, I make my living in the trenches of the music business...with my instrument in my hand. Every day. And have been for almost 20 years. Simple to see why I would take offense, no?

Btw, how long have you been in the biz? Full time....supporting your family (assuming you have one)?

• Members

OK, use that giant music biz brain of yours while we recap....

You said that everyone here is "a bunch of amateurs."

Yes. But excluded BlueStrat, I think it was him who sounded great.

I am working in the entertainment industry since 1972.

I have a family and children.

• Members

Thanks for the kind words. I would say, though, that courtesy and respect are positive attributes in any business. Just my .02 Euros.

The world may would be a better place if that would be true,

but I don't think people get tough over € 0.02, but may get rude when that 0.02 € is the profit a ringtone produces for the composer, let me see that rap song sold 36 million copies that's 720,000 € for the songwriter, I meet people who would do whatever necessary to get those 720 thousand.

• Members

No, on the contrary. Folks in this industry don't waste time and talk around the bush any time concerning business.

Really? You sure you're in the music business?

I've never met anyone from the top down, that cops to that. Ever.

Beginning to wonder about you.....:confused:

• Members

Really? You sure you're in the music business?

I've never met anyone from the top down, that cops to that. Ever.

Beginning to wonder about you.....
:confused:

two week ago...

president of record company: "this song is crap, compose another song for Sarah within one week"

movie director: "that cue is total nonsense, doesn't fit the sequence at all, we need another cue by tomorrow"

record company to Bruce's mix: "we not gonna pay the mixing fee for that bull{censored}, we cancel the comission and give it to another mixer" (just happen tlast week on Friday)

and so on...

• Members

3shiftgtr - You and I both know I can't get a fair shake here, hence your pushing so hard for the venue to be here. A long time ago I sent a link in confidence to a member here, which in turn led me to shutting down my website, killing a domain name. Imagine that.

Sorry buddy, if you want to have it out, it's been and has always been Soundclick. Now I will tell you the main reason why. When our Soundclick accounts get known...and then Pat, and Dave, and all the posers start bashing the music, it will be the charts that tell the tale won't they? Right? You cant argue with the charts, the public. No comments from the peanut gallery, no insults lobbed, just results.

I am not concerned about your opinion of my music, any more then you probably care about mine, you just want sales...right...

So the charts are what matter, not forum bashing, insults, keyboard music critics.

If I thought I could trust you to keep my link confidential I would send it to you, now you know why I don't.

• Members

A long time ago I sent a link in confidence to a member here, which in turn led me to shutting down my website, killing a domain name.

Actually, it was in your sig when you were Guitarflyer. Nice attempt at revising history, though.

The real question is, since you don't play in a band, you don't make records, you don't sell songs, you don't distribute anything, you don't sell any tracks online, you don't get paid to play....why in God's green earth are you in a music biz forum?

Archived