Sad..These forums have died. Where has everyone gone?

sventvkg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And every pure democracy in history has crumbled under it's own weight, and a dictatorship took its place.

Who gives a damn.

I enjoy it when more people make music.

has also a positive effect on me, because the dilletants start to realize what damn genius I am when they try to do equal, hee hee

• Members

Nobody gives a damn about dillettantes. Everybody can buy a recorder and put his hat on the street.

Making music and producing music became democratized. Almost anyone can produce music today.

And it is good that way !!!

It's not democracy when the peasants rule the kingdom. Even democracy has order and a heirarchal structure. There is no order in today's music business. Rather than a democracy, what has arisen is a mutated sort of faux populism full of would-be kings.

• Members

It's not democracy when the peasants rule the kingdom. Even democracy has order and a heirarchal structure. There is no order in today's music business. Rather than a democracy, what has arisen is a mutated sort of faux populism full of would-be kings.

the purpose of pop music is to earn cash, someone who doesn't dig that should look for another hobby

• Members

People confuse the word democracy with the term "free market". A free market means no one individual, corporation or industry is protected, but rather, the market is protected, meaning it's free, open, and accountable nature is protected. The little guy can compete with the big guys if he has a better product or service. No one, no matter how large or small should be immune from prosecution from common crimes: fraud, collusion, conspiracy, theft, etc. IF the market rules are enforced, monopolies are impossible because there exists a natural order of the marketplace which stems from the fact WE are natural beings. Unfortunately there are always those who see fit to circumvent the rules and initiate monopolies by buying up the lawmakers, regulators, politicians, and in effect instituting a crony form of the market, where they have ultimate protection - such as what Goldman Sachs and the Fed bank of the US and other central bank franchises all around the world have done. This is why we have the phrase "The price of peace is eternal vigilence" Because if there is not a prosecutor or a people with the political will to prosecute and take down law breakers, like the big banks and all the other fraud houses of the world, they will get away with anything. And they do. Banking is protected, so they buy up the world since there is nothing to stop them, and they regulate everyone else through their stooges and puppets in politics and media. It's Mafia 101.

A democracy simply means majority rules. So if 51% of the people want to vote that 49% of the people get everything including their shirts stripped from them, they get it. Does that make it right? I would say in such a scenario, the 49%ers would say that situation is very bad indeed. Democracy is great, as long as it is limited strictly to things that people can actually vote on. The USA is a republic, not a democracy, yet the leaders always refer to it as a democracy. Why is that? They don't want to admit that it is a republican form of government constitutionally limited - that means the things that can be democratically voted on are strictly limited within a certain framework. They totally ignore that these days, which is why they brainwash people into believing it's a democracy and never use the dirty word they hate the most: republic.

As for music place being a democracy... again, the better term in my humble opinion is free market.

• Members

Way back when I was studying electronics, we built a "Super- Heterodyne" AM radio. Up until that time I always felt negative ramifications whenever the word "discriminate" was used . But the radio only functioned when it discriminated against all but the desired frequency ....

That was how the whole thing worked by being "discriminating " LOL:thu:

When you're young and idealistic you believe that perfection such as democracy and meritocracy are possible on this rock we inhabit . Then you get a little wear on the tires and find out a little more about human nature :facepalm: !

Meritocracy is an oxymoron where everyone deserves to have there wares brought to market , no matter how poor said product may be . It makes the background noise so high that no circuit or system can discriminate enough to separate the wheat from the chaff .

Any manufacture would laugh at the notion that there isn't any need for quality control . Yet we basically have set up the music world as a factory sans quality control . the results aren't very surprising in my estimation . There are still some amazing individuals who will produce savant like masterpieces despite lack of a supportive and symbiotic environment ; but in the long run almost any one who ponders the situation with care will have to draw a conclusion that this period will produce a dearth of timeless classics that could have withstood the test of the decades ......Either lack of production in the first place , or through lack of discovery; it's all the same .

• Members

I like your sig quotes flatfinger.

To know the facts on the free market, democracy, republic and economics issues there is one man who knows all. Dr. Ron Paul. Read Ludwig van Mises et al and study Austrian economics. Very inspiring stuff.

Discrimination in all things is essential ;) prejudice not so much. If you're not discriminating, are you criminating?

• Members

So what's stopping you guys from writing a song and putting it up on Itunes then going on tour with the merch? Why not do country music, that's big right now.

Still waiting for a record deal is that it? When Van Halen come off their first tour, Eddie talked of being a million in debt...is that the record deal your looking for? Is that the good old days?

Adapt or die.

I don't profess to be an expert at this, but at least I create music instead of whining about 'making it' all the while doing cover band bar gigs like most of you guys.

• Members

So what's stopping you guys from writing a song and putting it up on Itunes then going on tour with the merch? Why not do country music, that's big right now.

Still waiting for a record deal is that it? When Van Halen come off their first tour, Eddie talked of being a million in debt...is that the record deal your looking for? Is that the good old days?

Adapt or die.

I don't profess to be an expert at this, but at least I create music instead of whining about 'making it' all the while doing cover band bar gigs like most of you guys.

Really, Tim? And where are the links to the great music you create? It's easy to lecture when you're an armchair quarterback. So don that do-rag and bathrobe, put on those shades, fire up those jamtrax and get cracking!

• Members

Pat, even Eddie Van Halen, with his success can't get around the haters in here like you. I do have links to my music, but the 'hater' crowd in here, isn't my demographic. All that said, if you haven't caught on to what it takes to make a buck in the music industry by now, your beyond pathetic. You create music, you go on the road to support it. I guess you have a issue with that.

Just keep playing covers Pat, just keep hoping to get noticed in some Idaho dive bar. Maybe someday....

• Members

They don't want to admit that it is a republican form of government constitutionally limited - that means the things that can be democratically voted on are strictly limited within a certain framework. They totally ignore that these days, which is why they brainwash people into believing it's a democracy and never use the dirty word they hate the most: republic.

Because it's much easier to buy off that one elected representative than it would be 51% of the people.

• Members

I do have links to my music, but the 'hater' crowd in here, isn't my demographic..

Aren't you the guy who always rails on about on no one should be able to judge your playing unless they can somehow prove they play the same instrument better than you? Yet the musicians on this forum aren't "your demographic"??

Hmmm...your music is only sutable to be judged by other musicians but you don't make it available for other musicians to hear?

...how convenient....

• Members

EVH can't get a fair shake here Dave. That's not a problem with me, that's a problem with this forum, or maybe all forums, or maybe humanity, and their spiteful, competitive, tribal nature. Who knows. I learned my lesson the first time.

If I thought you guys would give me a fair a assessment of my playing ability, recording techniques, etc, I would post up in a minute.

That said, some of my stuff has gotten into the top ten on soundclick, figuring that's pretty objective. It's all fun, but honestly there just isn't any point in throwing up music to crowd that can't be fair.

• Members

it is somewhat entertaining that all of you always talk about people who fail in the entertainment industry, but never about the people who are successful

I've had tons of success in the biz. I get checks in the mail. I get paid to play. I am a full time musician. But I am not foolish enough to refuse to recognize a downward trend. I stay optimistic and work my ass off and food remains on the table and the mortgage gets paid. But to deny that industry wise, money is down, is unaware.

There is a difference between pessimism and realism. I refuse to deny the reality before me. That helps me to adapt.

Some whistle past it, refusing to see it. And some times that strategy works. And sometimes it doesn't. I've been in this thing full time for 20 years, and I try to lean from my mistakes as well as the mistakes of others.

• Members

EVH can't get a fair shake here Dave. That's not a problem with me, that's a problem with this forum, or maybe all forums, or maybe humanity, and their spiteful, competitive, tribal nature. Who knows. I learned my lesson the first time.

If I thought you guys would give me a fair a assessment of my playing ability, recording techniques, etc, I would post up in a minute.

That said, some of my stuff has gotten into the top ten on soundclick, figuring that's pretty objective. It's all fun, but honestly there just isn't any point in throwing up music to crowd that can't be fair.

Fair? Is that what you want? I'll show you mine, if you show me yours.

• Members

3shftgtr - Well if your up for it. Grab your latest original, let me know when you can post up on Soundclick, I will throw up my latest, see where the rankings go. Let our musician peers decide.

What makes the random musicians who might comment on your music at Soundclick any more "fair" than the random musicians who might on your music here?

• Members

3shftgtr - Well if your up for it. Grab your latest original, let me know when you can post up on Soundclick, I will throw up my latest, see where the rankings go. Let our musician peers decide.

Dude, it is not a competition. I could care less what anyone thinks about this stuff. I offer it up...folks either like it or they don't. You and everyone else included. Offering input means the took time out of their day to listen. I hope they like it. If it effected them enough to have an opinion, well then, isn't that part of the deal?

Here's something from 5 years ago:

http://www.myspace.com/trioshift

Here it is on cdbaby:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/trioshift

And here's a short clip from youtube of one of our funk tunes at a club gig.

And, no bull{censored}, if you actually spend some time with this stuff, like it and you want a copy, pm me and I'll send you a copy.

There, it's out waggling in the wind. Post a link and share, bro.

• Members

Chart rankings are based on how many times the songs have been listened to, not comments and critique.

Ahhh...so whether anybody actually LIKES it or not isn't important to you? Just whether they bother to click on it or not?...

....well, I guess that worked for Rebecca Black. For a few minutes, anyway....

How would I know that you haven't clicked on your own song 1,000 times?

Archived