Good grief....3 guitars in one day!

batotman

• Members

i may not be buying as many guitars but i bought a gibson les paul custom in alpine white (1979) last week.

buying a gretsch black falcon this week if they are in stock from who i'm buying them from.

actually, i'm also buying a cheap classical this week, some sheet music, and maybe a roland cube i'll be out $3000+ after all this wheeling and dealing and i like to save my money and buy a few pieces of good gear and stick with them (my amp setup has been the same for about a year now and i don't plan on getting rid of either although my splawn could use the clean mod :o)

luckily i have 2 guitars on ebay, and 1 that's being prepared to be sold as well as i'm selling alot of stupid little things i don't really need anymore. bahhhh...xbox 360 in a couple of months, i might have to be a jerkoff and sell mine at an inflated price.

at least i drive my 40mpg corolla, work over 40 hours a week, live at home and don't wouldn't need to buy any guitar stuff for a long time exccept if i get a randy rhoads rr3 which is a drop in the bucket compared to everything else.

i went over a year without any real gas and all i did was save money and in the last couple weeks i get killer offers so since i worked my ass off full time and went to school on a full scholarship while my friends all went to nice $40k a year schools i can at least justify it enough to not get depressed.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by batotman

"I think I'm gonna get rid of some {censored}!"

:D

This brings the arsenal to:

Squier Strat ('95, my first guitar, Fender Atomic pups w/5 way coil tap)

Squier Telecaster Thinline Protone (Duncan Quarter Pounds)

Squier Telecaster Custom II (P90's)

Fender FMT Telecaster (jazz/jb, coil tap)

Fender Blackout Telecaster (59/Pearly Gates)

Fender Jaguar HH (stock Dragster pickups)

Fender Stratocaster HSS (Stock)

Gretsch Setzer Hot Rod (Hot Rod filtertrons designed by TV Jones)

SX P-Bass Short Scale (Duncan Vintage P-Bass)

Agile AL-3000 (Duncan 59' set)

Tokai Love Rock (59/JB)

Gibson Les Paul Standard LE (burstbuckers)

So much for 5 guitar limit!
:(

And I have a Roland Cube 60, Peavey XXX 40, and an Ashdown EB180 Bass Amp.

Dump the junkers like the squiers and the Agile. Just keep the keepers.

Also, check out the other thread about "hoarding". :D

• Members

First was the MF sale earlier....

$319 Fender Fat Strat w/bag

$299 Fender Blackout Tele (59/Pearly Gates)

Then about 5 seconds ago I hit the BIN on ebay for a Gibson Les Paul Limited Edition in Manhattan Blue.

If you don't mind my asking, how much was the BIN for the LP?

• Members

I think I pretty much have all I want. Maybe another amp some day or a Gretsch Elliot Easton but thats about it.

I think I've hit a good balance where I can leave a guitar put up for awhile and come back to it as if its a new toy.

You don't even have a Rickenbacker yet! :D

I know what you mean about the "new toy". I play a Parker Fly Classic as my #1, but it's so cool to pull one of the old ones out of it's case for the first time in several months, re-string and polish it, and be reminded of why I bought it in the first place.:)

D

• Members

I think I pretty much have all I want. Maybe another amp some day or a Gretsch Elliot Easton but thats about it.

I think I've hit a good balance where I can leave a guitar put up for awhile and come back to it as if its a new toy.

You say that now, but then you see another sale, and BAM!!

• Members

I'm bad, I know.

Hopefully this is all coming to an end.

What a {censored}ty day though. I have a severe ear ache and throat ache and still went out inspecting houses, my stupid P-bass is dead till I get some SD pickup covers (might be 2 weeks+) or I have to put the old pickups back in (think i may), Ashdown EB180 supposed to be here today and that {censored}er is heavy and I'm so sick i don't think i wanna even move it.

Gah!

• Members

First was the MF sale earlier....

$319 Fender Fat Strat w/bag

$299 Fender Blackout Tele (59/Pearly Gates)

Then about 5 seconds ago I hit the BIN on ebay for a Gibson Les Paul Limited Edition in Manhattan Blue.

MUST...POST...PICS...OF..LES..PAUL...WHEN...RECEIVED!
;)

• Members
Originally posted by Tommy Tourbus

Dump the junkers like the squiers and the Agile. Just keep the keepers.

Also, check out the other thread about "hoarding".

Hey Batoman,I can understand the Agiles, but I wonder why you have the Squires.

Archived