Some Dope paid $800 for a bridge cover on Ebay!

fuzztone

• Members

What's really funny is they're going to send an $800 payment without realizing their mistake. Only when the tiny box with a piece of metal inside shows up at the door will they realize what they've done. And they won't even have a guitar to put it on! Man, I'd like to be there to take a photo of the look on their face... ;)

Then they'll blame their own lack of reading comprehension on the seller. Go figure.

~Blackbelt

• Members

The thing is, there had to be more than one bidder for it to get up that high.

I have to believe the guy knew he was bidding on the part and not the guitar and just didn't care how much it cost.

Believe it or not, there are people who buy what they want and have enough money that the price doesn't matter. I'm not one of them, LOL, but I know they exist.

• Members

Yeah but everybody on the Rickenbacker forum think that this is hilarious.Another thing is that that bridge cover is in poor condition(its rusty)and Rick collectors don't like "relics".They are all convinced that the people who bid on this thought they were bidding on the guitar.

• Members

ha ha, just shows that people DO NOT READ AUCTION DESCRIPTIONS or in this case even the titles. a few months back i sold a bike on E-bay i must have had like a dozen questions and they were all about stuff that was clearly explained in the description or the pix.

• Members
Originally posted by Bernie Franks

Jesus, I'm getting my ass in the lucrative business of Box Selling!
:eek:

don't bother, the winning bidder bailed out. here's the feedback the seller left: "Won auction, but didn't pay. Sorry, but winning an auction is a contract. Seller ghostbustermike (909) Aug-17-05 05:22 8211851366"

• Members

Originally posted by bari27

don't bother, the winning bidder bailed out. here's the feedback the seller left: "Won auction, but didn't pay. Sorry, but winning an auction is a contract. Seller ghostbustermike (909) Aug-17-05 05:22 8211851366"

Goddamnit. I was just about to be a very rich man. :(

• Members

i got ya beat yet. theres fools selling pieces from the McDonald's Monopoly game. people are paying lots o money for these, get this, cut outs from the game board that you get for free at McDs.

heres one that ended last week. i was watching to see how far the fools would go.

item # 5623855192

AAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHA

• Members

These morons are thinking they can put together a "vintage parts" guitar and get vintage prices when they sell it. A bunch of vintage parts does not make a vintage guitar. They are just trying to cheat people out of their money and corrupt the true history of instruments.

Vintage buyers don't pay top dollar for guitars of questionable heritage. Well, idiots do, but ...

The real vintage buyers want to see the original owner, a photo history, and a sales receipt.

Archived