Enough Walters, Phil please cut him off...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Walters9515

stop posting junk in my threads and keep to the subject/topic and i won't insult

Well, post your questions clearly and in proper english so that we can all understand what it is you want. You run your sentences altogether so that no one can make heads or tails out of your gibberish.

Do I need to post links to all the other boards you asked these same exact questions on?

When someone does help you constructively, do you actually go out and APPLY what you've been given to your music?

Somehow, I dont think so.

• Members

why don't u worry about yourself big guy instead of worrying about what walters does and ask and how walters asks the questions why does it bother u so dame much to go in every thread of walters your more of troll than i am because trolls go in every thread and change subjects/topics junk it up i don't do that u do and most people in my threads the only 2 that dont are Phil and something kiwi, Mr knobs buts thats the only real feedback that i get from HC which is a shame.

Maybe u need to worry about how well your records are and spend more time mixing and recording them in walters threads
which is a waste of your time and mine you don't help me out so why do u reply? if u can't read my questions then why do u reply whats your problem and point ? seems like your the troll

• Members

why don't u worry about yourself big guy instead of worrying about what walters does and ask and how walters asks the questions why does it bother u so dame much to go in every thread of walters your more of troll than i am because trolls go in every thread and change subjects/topics junk it up i don't do that u do and most people in my threads the only 2 that dont are Phil and something kiwi, Mr knobs buts thats the only real feedback that i get from HC which is a shame.

Maybe u need to worry about how well your records are and spend more time mixing and recording them in walters threads

which is a waste of your time and mine you don't help me out so why do u reply? if u can't read my questions then why do u reply whats your problem and point ? seems like your the troll

*YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWN*

We've had this discussion before, and each time, you run off in a huff, scream like a two-year old, name-call etc. ect ad neauseum.

I do plenty of recording, but right now I am at a boring desk job and I have nothing but time whilst making lots of overtime. Get it?

People try to help out and you only get mad.

So you can just get right back to the topic at hand or shut the hell up.

• Members

boring desk job thats what u will always be , recording yea right your always on HC all day u don't record

More than you've ever done.

At least I know how to ask proper questions, get a good response from hard-working pros here, and move on without asking 15 more unintelligible gibberish ones.

At least I "get along" with the others in the community. I'm not the brunt of jokes and smart comments from people who dont take you seriosuly anymore.

Your problem is, you dont know when to quit.

You lose.
:freak:

• Members

maybe u should quit your job and become a full time recording engineer big guy. You don't even ask questions u just reply in everyones threads like a troll would do. sorry i didn't hear your album because u did so dame many recording than me where is your site,album,band,solo career what happened to all this work?

• Members

maybe u should quit your job and become a full time recording engineer big guy. You don't even ask questions u just reply in everyones threads like a troll would do. sorry i didn't hear your album because u did so dame many recording than me where is your site,album,band,solo career what happened to all this work?

I ask questions all the time in a lot of threads. You just dont read anything else.
I have so many "DAME" recordings it would drive your lil brain silly with wonder.

And until YOU fess up with some kind of legitimate work (which by the way everyone around has been asking from you, where others here have heard mine), and you've never produced anything.

Once again,

Pot, meet Kettle.

You Lose
:freak:

• Members

One of our most enduring American images is that of the great American buffalo, or species Bison bison. These huge, shaggy animals once roamed from Canada to Mexico, grazing the Great Plains and mountain areas of our country. Bison were the center of life for the Plains tribes of Native Americans who found in them nearly all the food, clothing, and shelter they needed. Hunted for their furs in the 1600's and later for their tongues, bones, and meat, it was estimated by 1893 that there were only slightly more than 300 bison left, from numbers estimated at one time to be over 60 million. The following information is about this species which is making a comeback and growing rapidly in numbers.
What is Bison?

The National Bison Association encourages the name bison to differentiate the American buffalo from the Asian Water buffalo and African Cape buffalo. The American buffalo is not a true buffalo. Its scientific name is bison and it belongs to the bovine family along with domestic cattle. The bison bull is the largest animal indigenous to North America. A bull can stand taller than 6 feet at the hump and weigh more than a ton. They are strong and aggressive, and can jump as well as deer, outmaneuver horses, and break through fences that would imprison other livestock.

"Beefalo" are 3/8 bison and 5/8 domestic cattle. (The natural result of a bison-domestic bovine cross breeding is a sterile offspring. It has taken years of research to develop this breed.) The advantages of this cross are fertility and easy calving. Beefalo gain weight well on inexpensive, high-roughage feed and are very hardy. The meat produced has 18-20% protein compared with 10% in regular beef, and has 5-7% fat compared to 25-30% in beef.
How are Bison Raised?

There are now approximately 150,000 bison in public and private lands in the U.S. Unlike the older, tougher animals the Native Americans ate, today's bison are custom-fed and slaughtered at about 18 months, so the meat is as tender as beef. Some 20,000 buffalo are slaughtered each year (compared to approximately 125,000 cattle per day).

Bison are allowed to roam freely most of their lives. They are raised on the open range and eat hay or grass. They are usually given grain during the last 90 to 120 days before slaughter. (The fat of grass-fed animals is yellow, which is good since it contains beta-carotene; however, most consumers prefer the fat to be white.) Surplus buffalo bulls are selected at about 2 1/2 years of age (buffalo can live to be 40 years old) and spend a very short time in the feedlots.
Can Hormones and Antibiotics be Used in Bison Raising? Antibiotics and growth hormones are not given to bison.
How is Bison Inspected?

Bison fall under voluntary inspection, which means that businesses pay an hourly rate for inspection services. Voluntary inspection is handled under the Agriculture Marketing Act, which gives the Secretary of Agriculture the authority to take whatever steps are necessary to make the product marketable.

Federal inspection is done on a carcass-by-carcass basis by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS). The FSIS inspector must have knowledge about that particular species and the carcass must fit available equipment in the plant. Each bison and its internal organs are inspected for signs of disease. The "Passed and Inspected by USDA" seal ensures the bison is wholesome and free from disease.
Is Bison Graded? No.
How is Bison Different from Beef? Bison is a deeper red color before cooking because there is no marbling (white flecks of fat within the meat muscle). Bison is said to have a sweeter, richer flavor than beef.
Retail Cuts of Bison Retail cuts are similar to those of beef.
How Much Bison is Consumed? Approximately 1 million pounds of bison is consumed each month by American consumers.
Safe Handling of Bison

Handle bison meat the same as any other type of meat. Make your selection just before checking out at the register. Put packages of raw bison in disposable plastic bags (if available) to contain any leakage which could cross contaminate cooked foods or produce. Take packaged bison home immediately and refrigerate it at 40

• Moderators

Originally posted by
Fletcher@mercenary.com

Please don't cut off Walters!! He's my favorite poster on these boards!! He brings up such magical questions that invariably inspire thought and introspective contemplation.

A mentor of self thought and exploration!!!

I'm not sure whether the above is sarcastic, but in either case I agree with it.

Think of Walters' posts like ink blots. What you see in them reflects your ability to imagine.

The only real question is whether the ink blot creator designs them that way intentionally. And the answer to that question is, who cares?

Terry D.

• Members
Originally posted by MrKnobs

This is startlingly good post that cuts to the quick.
:(

Terry D.

Perhaps, but at least I've posted music for others to hear, asked questions and got the answers needed in addition to googling/wikipedia anything I don't thoroughly understand. It doesnt make me any better than anyone else, just tolerable.

I also don't resort to name-calling and gay-bashing either, but obviously this character isnt above that sort of thing.

• Moderators
Originally posted by EerieDreamZ

Perhaps, but at least I've posted music for others to hear, asked questions and got the answers needed in addition to googling/wikipedia anything I don't thoroughly understand. It doesnt make me any better than anyone else, just tolerable.

I also don't resort to name-calling and gay-bashing either, but obviously this character isnt above that sort of thing.

Oh, I didn't mean the post cut on you, I meant cut on most of us to some extent. I took it to mean that while many of us fancy ourselves artists and engineers, the fact remains that most of us spend most of our time at day jobs which largely define who and what we are to the rest of the world if not ourselves.

And the effect of working those day jobs is definitely being "recorded" on our psyches. "Our" meaning "mine" and thus the sad smiley for myself.

I do agree with you that Walters should refrain from name calling and direct attacks / insults. As the deranged oracle character, he should be aloof and above that, sticking to mystical pronouncements and ignoring the personal attacks.

And when he does rebuke, it should be a philosophical stinging one liner like the one we're discussing.

But as I said, he just creates the ink blots, it's up to us what we see in them. :)

Terry D.

• Members

Oh, I didn't mean the post cut on you, I meant cut on most of us to some extent. I took it to mean that while many of us fancy ourselves artists and engineers, the fact remains that most of us spend most of our time at day jobs which largely define who and what we are to the rest of the world if not ourselves.

And the effect of working those day jobs is definitely being "recorded" on our psyches. "Our" meaning "mine" and thus the sad smiley for myself.

I do agree with you that Walters should refrain from name calling and direct attacks / insults. As the deranged oracle character, he should be aloof and above that, sticking to mystical pronouncements and ignoring the personal attacks.

And when he does rebuke, it should be a philosophical stinging one liner like the one we're discussing.

But as I said, he just creates the ink blots, it's up to us what we see in them.
:)

Terry D.

You are right.

I'm like that annoying passer-by that looks at the wreck on the highway with morbid (and probably unhealthy) curiosity. But at the same time, (as you and others have said), he posts some really interesting stuff. Its the answers some of you post to those multiple questions that interests me the most. I don't try to kid anyone into thinking I "get" all that is written. I'm not a sound engineer by any stretch of the imagination. I'm an up and coming wannabe ;)
I do music for FUN primarily, financial gain is all secondary.
I read a LOT here and I happen to have a security job that enables me to do so. Yes, I post my share of nonsense, but I do give my two cents to help others, add to the humor and make the HC experience a good one.

Mick

Originally posted by
Fletcher@mercenary.com

Please don't cut off Walters!! He's my favorite poster on these boards!! He brings up such magical questions that invariably inspire thought and introspective contemplation.

A mentor of self thought and exploration!!!

All well and good Fletcher... and as I've said, I generally agree with you about Walter's posts provoking (yeah, that's the right word) some useful discussions on occasion.

However, the troll aspects, the insults and the reactions to all of that from some people are disturbing and disruptive. And that's something I don't want on my forum. :(

It's a touchy and difficult situation, and I've been giving everything a lot of thought, and I wanted to express my thoughts on the subject, but I see that by doing so, I may have contributed to, or inadvertently encouraged the melee. :( Definitely not my intention.

I'm still thinking everything over, but I am not pleased by all the personal attacks and arguments I've been seeing, and again, I really need to ask EVERYONE to knock that off. :mad: If you don't like Walters, add him to your "ignore" list and don't read / respond to his posts.

And if Walters wants to continue to participate here, he needs to stop bumping all of his threads on a regular basis and cut back on the trolling and make a serious effort towards making his questions more understandable...

Please remember the forum motto folks - "Be EXCELLENT to each other."

• Moderators
Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

However
, the troll aspects, the insults and the reactions to all of that from some people are disturbing and disruptive. And that's something I don't want on my forum.
:(

For reasons I don't understand, Walters' posts bring out the mean spirit in some folks. That's completely unnecessary, and IMO not his fault.

But as I said previously, he needs to not respond in kind.

I get personally attacked over in OJ fairly regularly, and I find without exception that responding in a kind, even manner to a harsh post defuses almost any situation.

I'd recommend that to anyone.

Terry D.

• Members

interestingly enough, those who get a kick out of Walters tend to be among the most experienced recording engineers on the boards. And those who are bothered by him are often his dupe.

I think that even those like Kiwi who say: "You are missing the point of Walters. Walters isn't asking for information - he just wants to stir up controversy" are also missing the point.

And I'm not sure if discussing the point to death helps it any either. I think it was Thomas Satz who said "beware of those who analyze jokes rather than laugh at them."

So rather than evoke the ghost of Craig's wonderful description of these boards as "performance art," or to argue that to make the boards innofensive is to make them boring, or to make some sort of heavy-handed defense of irony and the virtues of being able to laugh at ourselves, I would just suggest that we heavily weight what Fletcher said. There is no one in the industry who embodies these virtues more than he does.

Some people get Walters and some people don't. That's part of the guilty pleasure of watching his threads develop.

To get rid of him would be, dare I say, like getting rid of Christmas. Actually, now that I think of it, it would worse.

:D

-Peace, Love, and Brittanylips

• Members

For reasons I don't understand, Walters' posts bring out the mean spirit in some folks. That's completely unnecessary, and IMO not his fault.

He does bait and insult people, so he ain't completely off the hook, either.

That said, I like Walters. I think the guy's funny, and his "command" of the English language (he writes reasonably well, ooops, it's now nonsensical, good use of slang here, ah, now it's nonsensical again...) makes it even more fun.

His threads can turn into a fascinating study on human behavior. All the different reactions.

Especially fascinating is how some will still get really pissed at him, all the while knowing full well that he's a troll, and has in fact started the exact same threads - with the exact same responses (both his responses and other participants' responses) - on plenty of other forums. Absolutely amazing.

Archived