2 New Additions! Pix of Custom Tele & SG Classic

curseoftruth

• Members

Okay, so I've already gloated on the SG Classic this week, so I took some pix of it with its other new sister -- my custom tele partscaster that I've been working on for two years!! Finally finished building 100% tonight.

The tele has a Kent Armstrong Hot Tele Neck and a GFS 60s Tele Bridge. That GFS is out freakin standing!

Body is a real Fender MIM Seafoam Green Metallic and the neck is a Custom Shop Parts authorized Fender Tele replacement. Gold hardware (Guitar Fetish 3 Saddle bridge, Kluson Tuners, Dunlop Strap-Locks), Graph-Tech Graphite Nut, Fender Pearl Pickguard, and Stew-Mac Tele Electronics kit. Some kind of funky counter sunk input jack that I am not liking and will replace with a regular one soon, forgot the brand. Q-Parts funky knobs round her out.

Still not set up 100% though. Action is not where I like it -- needs major innotation. Still, plays pretty good for a 5 minute setup. A little more adjusting and I'll be there!! I am digging the way it sounds -- so, well TELE!!!

tsg.jpg

tsg1.jpg

tsg2.jpg

tsg3.jpg

• Members

Don't really have a point of reference on the bridge since the body I bought came new in a new Fender box unopened - just the body itself, no hardware.

I did have another (and still do) relaly nice tele 6 saddle bridge that was on there for 2 years, but the graph tech saddles I had didn't fit well. Being that I took the SD Hot Rail out as well for the more classic sounding GFS, I decided to go with a more classic look 3 saddle bridge. Really it was for aesthetic purposes!

But so far, I like the bridge a lot. Seems to function well. I like the GFS tele bridge pup a hell of a lot! Sounds fantastic!!

• Members

Haven't thrown it on a scale, but its really heavy, more than you would think.

Just tested against a few of the other siblings:

1. Epi LP Custom is barely heavier than the tele, maybe 1/2 to a pound more.
2. Gibby SG Classic is lighter in a big way, by several pounds
3. Fernandes Ravelle is noticabley heavier by over 2 pounds would be my guess. The Ravelle is one really heavy guitar.

• Members
:love: AWESOME !!!!

I never figured a tele to be so heavy though. What is that body made of? It's great you finally got it done.. i have several I am working on... seems I start and kinda fizzle out when parts are hard to find. ( Note to self : never try to build / restore a guitar when the closest place for parts is over an hour away) :freak:

• Members

cool stuff man

I just put together a tele this weekend, gigged it last night

I know Dano will say it's not a tele, but I like her (got a 51 pup in it, old 70s MIJ neck, old custom cut body I got from a friend, he thinks it may be maple, but nobody knows at this point)

tele9.jpg

jjtele1.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

cool stuff man

I know Dano will say it's not a tele, but I like her (got a 51 pup in it, old 70s MIJ neck, old custom cut body I got from a friend, he thinks it may be maple, but nobody knows at this point)

tele9.jpg

jjtele1.jpg

Man, its a Tele!! I like the white/black/chrome combination! Looks fantastic man!!

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

cool stuff man

tele9.jpg

jjtele1.jpg

That has a hint of Ramone about it! :)

My wishlist currently include five Teles (bought none yet, but one is a high priority - first will most likely be either an MIJ 52 RI, or a MIM black with rosewood and black plate - with or without "TRASH" stencil - pure Joe Strummer!). Definitely fancy building an esquier, white with black plate, maybe a rosewood board, and some hot equivalent of the Ramone Mosrite's SD bridge pup in there.... I'll probably go the whole hog with the Esquier wiring, tho, rather than just the vol alone.

• Members

Man that is a sweet looking Tele! I've been wanting to do a parts caster like you did but was afraid of the results since I am no wiz at putting stuff together, but that is a killer looking guitar, no doubt! Maybe I'll have to start saving my pennies and take a chance....

• Members

Well Krash, if I would have known about the Agiles at the time and got in on that $99 deal, I would not be owning the Classic now. Probably would have had my P90 SG GAS filled by that. Had the new Valkyrie III not looked like it melted on on the bottom, that would have worked as well! You know that if you ever want to sell that II, you have a buyer here in me!!!

• Members
Originally posted by curseoftruth

Well Krash, if I would have known about the Agiles at the time and got in on that $99 deal, I would not be owning the Classic now. Probably would have had my P90 SG GAS filled by that. Had the new Valkyrie III not looked like it melted on on the bottom, that would have worked as well! You know that if you ever want to sell that II, you have a buyer here in me!!!

So noted, Bri. Actually, I'm considering a really good deal on a non-Agile import (has some non-P-90/non-Fender singles unlike anything on any of my current guitars) on Evilbay right now at a great BIN price, but I will definitely keep the Valk unless I run into a real (non-guitar-related) financial emergency, it was too good a deal not to hold onto.

I'm hoping the kid I sold my Strat to might actually pay me for it one of these days. :rolleyes:;)

BK

Archived