HELP! BEER+PRS= me not happy

Johansolo

• Members

i was playing a gig(my bands cd launch) and the crowd was overly going nuts ...and some dude decided to throw a pints worth of beer over the stage...

covering me and my PRS at the end of the gig

Turns out the guy was one of my better friends (with A.D.D)

anyways the neck got covered with beer and i wiped it off at hte end of the gig with my shirt...well as much as i could

its been in the case for about 3 days now as i havent been home to clean it further

is my PRS {censored}ed???

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you wiped it off thoroughly, soaking up as much liqiud as you could, I wouldn't be TOO worried.

On second thought, I'm sure you're the first musician to get beer on his guitar at a gig. We all hear stories about guitars being ruined by beer at gigs, happens all the time. ;)

• Members

buncha rooks!

its completely fine. PRS uses a poly finishes.

Even if it was laquer and hard liquor, Im sure it wouldnt do anything provided you wiped most of it off.

Just dont get beer in your amp, all over yourself and your guitar is totally fine though, though that is a waste of perfectly good beer and should be considered a hate crime.

• Members

Originally posted by HungPhat

it was Australian beer...

and im pretty sure most of it got soaked into neck/fretboard when i tried to wipe it off

Im guessing its rosewood then?

Thats pretty tough stuff.

If you are that worried about it go over it with some lemon oil, which will strip all the crap off (including some of the good stuff) then let it dry and then go over it again with a natural mineral oil.

• Members

Well I look at it this way, when I have a couple beers in me I think I sound better, I'm guessing the same will be true for your guitar. Next time you pick it up the tone should noticably improved, after that you'll be pouring pints on every axe you own looking for that secret mojo.

• Members

Originally posted by Hopeless

Well I look at it this way, when I have a couple beers in me I think I sound better, I'm guessing the same will be true for your guitar. Next time you pick it up the tone should noticably improved, after that you'll be pouring pints on every axe you own looking for that secret mojo.

That's definately gonna make him feel better ;)

• Members

Originally posted by No Soul

buncha rooks!

its completely fine. PRS uses a poly finishes.

Even if it was laquer and hard liquor, Im sure it wouldnt do anything provided you wiped most of it off.

Just dont get beer in your amp, all over yourself and your guitar is totally fine though, though that is a waste of perfectly good beer and should be considered a hate crime.

+1

I wouldnt worry too much about it

Originally posted by DaleH

Well if it's American beer I wouldn't worry about the alcohol doing any damage .

Maybe a little rust on the strings.
:D

ROTFLMAO!!!:D:thu:

My ex-wife used to say I didn't drink enough water... n me standing there with a Bud in my hand!!:freak:

Archived