HELP! BEER+PRS= me not happy

Johansolo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by batotman

I am trying to remember the story but something about it falling on its head and the neck busting clean off. Was not on purpose.

I can't remember who it was although I'm pretty sure it was someone in the amp forum.

It was done on pupose though. It took a few good swings to break like that. He hated the guitar and there was a long-ass thread where everyone was arguing about how it was stupid because he could have sold it and bought a guitar that he liked and he was saying he preferred having the satisfaction of smashing it. Wish I have that kind of money :D

IIRC, he did keep the pickups.....

• Members

In Perth, Australia or in Florida, it's OK to leave your axe in the car trunk/van for 3 days if you're not worried about thieves and hurricanes.

Up north a little bit where the temperature dips to freezing, it is not a good idea to let your axe get frozen. THAT IS VERY, VERY BAD!

• Members

Originally posted by No Soul

buncha rooks!

its completely fine. PRS uses a poly finishes.

Even if it was laquer and hard liquor, Im sure it wouldnt do anything provided you wiped most of it off.

Just dont get beer in your amp, all over yourself and your guitar is totally fine though, though that is a waste of perfectly good beer and should be considered a hate crime.

Did the pickups get soaked too? That would be my only big concern. You are probably fine. But damn it, don't let it go that long anymore!

• Members

Originally posted by HungPhat

haha thanks for all the replies guys...well im retiring the prs from stage neways as i believe it is too nice of a guitar to be in Drop B tuning...im keeping it at home for standard tuning.

im fine with denting/scratching/damaging my equipment on stage AS long as I am the one that is doin it.

i really didnt appreciate having a whole pint of beer being thrown at it thats all im having a whinge about.

neways i now have another excuse to go guitar shopping

What band are you in HungPhat? Haven't seen too many fellow Perth forumites around here!

Archived