HELP! BEER+PRS= me not happy

Johansolo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by HungPhat

i was playing a gig(my bands cd launch) and the crowd was overly going nuts ...and some dude decided to throw a pints worth of beer over the stage...

covering me and my PRS at the end of the gig

Turns out the guy was one of my better friends (with A.D.D)

anyways the neck got covered with beer and i wiped it off at hte end of the gig with my shirt...well as much as i could

its been in the case for about 3 days now as i havent been home to clean it further

is my PRS {censored}ed???

Cool, now you can go out and get a REAL guitar.................THE MIGHTY TELECASTER !!!

• Members

i own nothing but cheap guitars. frankly, i'm still kinda wondering how i ended up with more than one... wtf was i thinking?

but part of the reason they're cheap is that i have no intention of having a "stay-at-home" guitar. i want all of them to go to loud raucous gigs probably at tiny venues where something awful could happen at any minute.

i was just stroking off to some really high end guitar early today and wondering why i didn't just liquidate my guitars and buy just one that was really gosh darn brilliant.

well, a whole bunch of reasons i don't want to do that, but one of the biggest is what i just said. i don't want any guitar that is SO expensive that i'm afraid to play it wherever. not enough fun for me have something so beautiful and not be able to use it wherever i want.

but even better would be suddenly finding myself so {censored}ing wealthy that i don't need to worry about some great gear getting trashed. OH HA HA HA. yeah. ooh. that's about to happen.

• Members

well...played the guitar at jam last night.
the neck seems fine (i think may be imagining the neck feeling stiffer/harder) but the strings sounded dead and lifeless when strummed unplugged

after this incident ive decided to retire the prs from playing live with my band and biting the bullet and buying a generic ESP/LTD with EMGs that i can swing and inflict damage on my bass player without giving a {censored}.

• Members

Originally posted by HungPhat

well...played the guitar at jam last night.

the neck seems fine (i think may be imagining the neck feeling stiffer/harder) but the strings sounded dead and lifeless when strummed unplugged

after this incident ive decided to retire the prs from playing live with my band and biting the bullet and buying a generic ESP/LTD with EMGs that i can swing and inflict damage on my bass player without giving a {censored}.

Don't be a {censored}. Play the PRS.

How the hell can you have been playing long enough to have a CD launch party and be so damn paranoid about your gear.

The finish on the PRS will withstand most liquids. You wash the beer off with a lightly damp rag, dry, and polish the guiitar like always.

The fretboard is oiled rosewood, the oil repelles moisture (beer is mostly water) and won't let it soak in. Reoil if necessary (but don't over oil).

Even of it the electronics ever gets wet, they'll be fine after drying them out, though it would be harder to get them from getting sticky.

The strings probably were ruined, but you should be replacing those before every gig anyway, or you better have a backup guitar handy.

The only permenant damage could have been that your case may smell like beer for the rest of its life becaue you kept the guitar ion there for three days without cleaning it. So be it, mine smells like cat piss from a previous owner (hopefully from their cat).

You wasted your money on the PRS if you don't have the balls to play the damn thing out. It's a f*ckin' tool, not a Rembrandt. besides, it seems to me you have plenty of guitars to need a LTD or anything.

• Members

haha thanks for all the replies guys...well im retiring the prs from stage neways as i believe it is too nice of a guitar to be in Drop B tuning...im keeping it at home for standard tuning.

im fine with denting/scratching/damaging my equipment on stage AS long as I am the one that is doin it.
i really didnt appreciate having a whole pint of beer being thrown at it thats all im having a whinge about.

neways i now have another excuse to go guitar shopping

• Members

Originally posted by Guvnor

I'd be more concerned that my guitar was in some dude's van all night and day... neck's probably screwed...

Depends on the weather and where the van was parked. I keep guitars in my van all the time when the weather's not too extreme, you just have to be careful about it.

Never had a neck problem.

BK

• Members
Originally posted by batotman

I am trying to remember the story but something about it falling on its head and the neck busting clean off. Was not on purpose.

Wow. Just wow. Such a large sum of money, could buy four or five really nice guitars for the price of that one, and POOF! Gone. I guess those PRS' aren't that sturdy.

Very sad, I feel for that guy. :(

• Members
Originally posted by BillyCorgan

Actually my cousin dropped my Singlecut i and slammed it into my rack case before. 5 years and it still doesn't need a setup.
:thu:

Good for you, but tell that to the poor soul who took that pic on the last page. :(

Archived