MF has the Epi Valve Jr Head in stock

voneville

• Members

I did it. I don't buy new stuff too often, but hell, if I hate it I can return it or re-sell it pretty easy I'm sure. It can't be any worse then my Peavey Classic (circa 1982 hombre, not the chingon Classic).

• Members
Originally posted by voneville

Still can't decide. Not looking forward to building a Cabinet! But the sounds clips sound so good
:)
Ahh hell. I hate decisions.

People have been posting for a couple of months about their V Jr head,including myself. And most of us have gotten them from MFso obviously they have had them in stock all this time.

• Members
Originally posted by tlbonehead

People have been posting for a couple of months about their V Jr head,including myself. And most of us have gotten them from MFso obviously they have had them in stock all this time.

Thet were out of stock sometime last week i believe:) :)

• Members
Originally posted by voneville

Still can't decide. Not looking forward to building a Cabinet! But the sounds clips sound so good
:)
Ahh hell. I hate decisions.

Scour the local pawn shops for a 1X12" cabinet. You can probably find one somewhere for cheap.

• Members

Originally posted by burnnickel

any brits know when they are in UK, or any US dealers who ship to europe?

Not yet AFAIK. Not worth getting one shipped from the US either unless you already have a step down transformer.

• Members

I've been reading that the head is different from the combo in the sense that some kind of "DC filament" issue has been resolved in the head version, but not in the combo version. Anyone else have any experience with this?

• Members

Originally posted by rocknrao

I've been reading that the head is different from the combo in the sense that some kind of "DC filament" issue has been resolved in the head version, but not in the combo version. Anyone else have any experience with this?

There was a bad 60-cycle hum in the earlier versions of the combo. Supposedly, the ones made from 12/05 on have corrected this issue.

• Members

Yeah!

I've been looking at these due to all the "press" here on H.C.

And I don't understand this "DC filament" reference.

Is it or is it not a tube amp? And if so, what kind of tubes does it have.

Totally :confused:

Please splain it to me.

• Members

I can confirm - road tested a new combo a couple weeks ago and it was quiet - no hum or his I mean. Damn little thing is actually quite loud!

• Members
Originally posted by GAS Man

Yeah!

I've been looking at these due to all the "press" here on H.C.

And I don't understand this "DC filament" reference.

Tubes require filaments inside them to be heated, so that electrons can be freely released. The heater circuit in the VJ Head and the newer version VJ Combo amps has that heater circuit go thrugh a diode bridge rectifier that converts the AC power the transformer in the amp provides to power the heater filaments to DC. This eliminates a source of AC powerline hum, making the amp quieter.

Is it or is it not a tube amp? And if so, what kind of tubes does it have.

Yes, it is a tube amp. It has one 12AX7 preamp tube and one EL84 power tube in a class A configuration.

Totally
:confused:

Please splain it to me.

Hope that helps.

Archived