MF has the Epi Valve Jr Head in stock

voneville

• Members

With regards to the combo version of the Valve Junior, is there any way to tell whether or not a particular amp has the noise fix without actually testing it out? This is for the purposes of ebaying, of course.

• Members

Originally posted by rocknrao

With regards to the combo version of the Valve Junior, is there any way to tell whether or not a particular amp has the noise fix without actually testing it out? This is for the purposes of ebaying, of course.

This is from a HC reviewer:

look for the 1205*** s/n which are the fixed ones

If you're lookin at that $85 one, I already tried to get the s/n without luck. Maybe you'll do better.

Yes - a head does not have a speaker - amp only.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

People have been posting for a couple of months about their V Jr head,including myself. And most of us have gotten them from MFso obviously they have had them in stock all this time.

They were out of stock last week and weren't supposed to have any until May 5th. So while it may not be a big deal to you, since you already have one, I was glad that I wouldn't have to wait another week to order one. Not sure what the point of your post was, do you go out of your way to be a jerk or does it just come natural?

• Members

Originally posted by ManBearPig

the head means it doesnt come with a speaker in it???

Correct.

A head = an amplifier with outputs to connect to an external speaker cabinet.

A combo = an amplifier with a built in speaker cabinet.

• Members

Originally posted by Cowinacape

So what exactly kinds of sounds are you guys geting out of these little amps, stock that is? How are they with pedals?

I use an eq pedal mostly, I can get drastically different sounds when toying with the settings. I've also used an original tube screamer which well, made the amp scream like a mofo. So I'd say it takes to pedals well. I'm not sure about reverb,chorus,phaser....etc..etc.. type effects though. Supposedly those sound better through an effects loop(?) which the head doesnt have.

• Members

Originally posted by Verne Andru

This is from a HC reviewer:

look for the 1205*** s/n which are the fixed ones

If you're lookin at that $85 one, I already tried to get the s/n without luck. Maybe you'll do better.

how did you try getting the serial number off the $85 combo? by enlarging the pic or emailing the seller?

• Members

Originally posted by sweet_emotion16

how loud does it get im looking into getting one as well... at this price maybe everyone should have two??? .... is it loud enough to keep up with drums through a 2x12 cab?

I wouldn't think so. Although from what Bato was saying, with an E.Q. Pedal it might, he says it makes his louder. My Blues Jr couldn't hang with a drummer when he got carried away (like most drummers do).

• Members

Emailed him. He dodged it by saying he's not selling out of the US at this time.

I emailed a couple of sellers of Epi Valve Jrs, the $85 included.

From the that seller I got this response:
0305xxxx
Thanks!

And from another:
I don't .... It's boxed already. Thanks

No go on either one :mad:

• Members

I suspect quite a few of the older hummers will hit ebay over the next little while and lure unsuspecting bidders. But, to be fair, at $85 if you have some electronics skills and can do the mod yourself, it's a hell of a deal. I would snatch it but I'm in the great white north and he won't ship here.

• Members

I suspect quite a few of the older hummers will hit ebay over the next little while and lure unsuspecting bidders. But, to be fair, at $85 if you have some electronics skills and can do the mod yourself, it's a hell of a deal. I would snatch it but I'm in the great white north and he won't ship here.

i have all the modders pages bookmarked, maybe i will go read through them and see the complexity of the mods.

i do solder, but my electronics knowledge is limited...

EDIT: after looking over those mods, i would just rather spend a few extra dollars and get a 06 model...

For anyone looking for the mod pages, here they are:

http://www.coolpick.com/way/cool/about/valvejunior.html

http://www.valvejunior.com/

http://users.telenet.be/svokke/valve%20junior%20mods.htm

http://www.euthymia.org/DIY/VJmods.html

Archived