Pics of yourself playing: yesteryear, yesterday and today

Jkater

• Members

1994 - Mr. Sensitive Ponytail Guy! ack!

First%20band%20in%20KC.gif

sick of hair, sick of {censored}ing around, sick of things that don't burn - garage rock band 96.

7a7d.jpg

First show with the current project i'm in, 2 halloweens ago:

AAplay2.jpg

A few months ago in a club - we were trying out our video projector stuff for the first time.

AAAbassgitHurr.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by pete n.

Ok I'll play. Sorry, no baby pics!

This is in 1977 or 78. I was in high school. The guitar is an Ibanez Les Paul. It was a great player. I wish I still had it.

pete78.jpg

Hell, I wish I had it! ;)

:thu:

Classic pic from my era, BTW...Dog Chow on the floor, paint cans on shelves, and single naked light bulb. TOTAL 70's garage band stuff.

• Members

Originally posted by dixie789456

to hell with you guys...... you got to grow up when guitar playing was cool.... and i mean real guitar playing not this {censored} ass crap nowadays. things just seem much cooler then too. i like the styles of clothes and cars and what not. i wish i was about 15 or 16 around 68'-75'. oh well i can always just pop in dazed and confused ans dream about it:D but any way here's a fairly recent pic.

tyler.jpg

yeah, but you get groovie green shoe laces.

me on a christmas morning in the mid seventies with my aunt (she's only 4 years older than me) in front of a bitchin' fender contempo combo organ. man, i wish my people hada held on to that thing.

702135888_m.jpg

me a month or so ago at a solo gig. notice cheap ass dean and cheap ass dano pedals and bad ass gibson scout amp.

1140612546_m.jpg

and for the hell of it my daughter carliegh with her drums a year ago. this year all she wants for christmas is a flying v with skeleton head stickers on it. i dig that little girl.

449035143_m.jpg

• Members

A bit of photographic history of me and my early 70's SG.

A pre-electric guitar photo..1977 5th grade playing rock star.

scan0005-1.jpg' alt='>'>

1982ish 9th-10th grade (?)

marksteveresize.jpg' alt='>'>

1987 with Voivod shirt!

mark87-3.jpg' alt='>'>

2006, last night almost 20 years later after previous pic...same shirt, same guitar

100_0596.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

Originally posted by DARKMETL/

You kinda remind me of one of the guys in Nevermore...Schecter and all.

Not sure how to take that :p

For what it's worth, the guitar in the first photo was a yamaha RGX something or other. Was a nice guitar, but it's long gone.

Here's an even earlier one of me, maybe by a few months only though...in this one, Im using a Jackson. That was actually a pretty sweet axe:

alexinapollovg2.jpg

Archived