If only one guitar?

Adrian Crow

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by guitar-fish

An American Series Strat. But I'd be very disappointed if I had only one to play.

Agreed. My MIA Strat isn't even my favorite (Schecter Ultra) but it's my best and most versatile guitar. Great neck, MJ frets, trem if you want it, Hot Rails in the bridge with coil split. Strats are also the most comfortable body shape and probably the sexiest basic design of any guitar. And it's red.

• Members

I'd have to go for an alder-bodied, chambered, thin-skinned black Tele custom-shop '72 custom with REAL wide-range humbuckers tapped and no-loaded, an SRV contour satin finish birdseye maple neck (70's profile headstock with black ebony veneer) with a bone nut and DLX contoured heel, 6105 stainless frets, tortoise binding, tortoise pickguard, and a Bigsby.

But that's just me.

• Members

Classical: I played the perfect classical at a local shop. This guitar's a milf. (1967) She's brazilian rosewood, spruce top, and has the most beautiful tone in the world (price tag of $5500:cry:

Electric:The Carvin I'm in the works of buying. I know that at a new price of only 920 (used for 500 bitches!), it's a bit less expensive, but I love it.

*edit: see avatar for general idea of guitar*

• Members

Originally posted by warriorpoet

I'd have to go for an alder-bodied, chambered, thin-skinned black Tele custom-shop '72 custom with REAL wide-range humbuckers tapped and no-loaded, an SRV contour satin finish birdseye maple neck (70's profile headstock with black ebony veneer) with a bone nut and DLX contoured heel, 6105 stainless frets, tortoise binding, tortoise pickguard, and a Bigsby.

But that's just me.

i think we are gonna need a few more details than just that, if you want us to really get a picture of what your saying:D :freak:

• Members

It'd definately be a strat type of some sort. I used to live in Dallas and they have (or used to anyway) two REALLY big guitar shows. I checked out about 8 guitars at the Valley Arts booth and they always REALLY impressed me. They reminded me of that same vintage Tom Anderson guitars. Consistantly supremely perfect in every way. Sort of like an emotional high end Ibanez. I remember, they almost all had ebony fingerboards but they were so black and so smooth that they looked like plastic, but in a very good way. I remember on specifically had a glossy translucent black over either flamed or quilted maple, the bolt on neck and the ebony fingerboard with no inlays. Had the Big Apply type pickup configuration where you have the three normal positions, but you could also do the neck single coil sound and a tele-like bridge and neck sound. I don't remember exactly what pickups were used, but they had antique looking silver covers and cream surrounds.

This was late 80s into the early 90s. This year in particular was the year that Cowboys From Hell came out, but Pantera wasn't a major band. They were mostly a local Dallas band and they were going to play at one of the shows but my friend and I were so not into them, that we didn't even stick around.

I wonder what a signed first pressing LP of Cowboys From Hell would be worth now? :eek:

Archived