If only one guitar?

Adrian Crow

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Patrick Eggle in my sig and avatar is my choice.

Twin Kent Armstrong humbuckers, mahogany body, lightly flamed maple top with sunburst, set maple neck with rosewood fretboard, 22 frets, Wilkinson trem, locking tuners, 1 volume, 1 push/pull tone pot which coil taps both humbuckers.

• Members

I have owned one-offs on the main axes (MIM strat, Epi LP)

And the strat is king, IMO. My epi LP is a fine example of what it is, but it's not really my flavor.

I want to sell or trade my LP for a strat. Maybe an MIM or I'll throw in a little cash for an American.

PM me if anyone wants to do a little horsetradin'

• Moderators

Originally posted by EdMan63

My AmDlx Strat. All around versatile guitar. Play just about anything with it. Amazing quality and timeless looks.
:thu:

If they ever build a Am. Dlx. in vintage white or Olympic white with an ebony neck and white fret markers I will sell all my guitars and buy one.....straight away...the Am Dlx is beautiful....I just hate MOP fret markers:cry:

And those SCNs with S1 makes a guitar that can almost brew tea and make toast.

I only kept mine for a week

lux2.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Fosse Fox

If they ever build a Am. Dlx. in vintage white or Olympic white with an ebony neck and white fret markers I will sell all my guitars and buy one.....straight away...the Am Dlx is beautiful....I just hate MOP fret markers:cry:

And those SCNs with S1 makes a guitar that can almost brew tea and make toast.

I only kept mine for a week

lux2.jpg

Those are the exact colors of my '62 AV. The only reason I wouldn't keep that one is it's not quite as versatile. But it would be hard!

P.S. I also don't care for the fret markers. Kind of over the top ya know?

• Members

of the ones I own or have owned: ES-335. This thing will do everything I could possibly want it to and more. I'm constantly discovering new nuances and sounds from this guitar, after having owned it for 11 years! I love a good strat, but I sometimes tire of The Strat Sound. Not so with the semi, It just sounds right to me.

If I could afford and get any guitar: Probably a Gibson Paul Jackson sig, or a Hamer Newport Pro with a maple cap

• Members

i think i'd need more information. why do i only get one? am i on a desert island? if so, is there electricity on this island? if not then i'd say an acoustic. am i alone on this desert island with my one acoustic? if so, then it doesn't matter to me as long as it stays in tune for the most part and plays ok. if i'm not on a desert island have i been banished to some sort of biosphere where i'm cut off permanently from the rest of the world but i do have electricity? if so, do i have a decent amp with me? is it a small combo? a big stack? tubes? modeling? all of these things would come into consideration i'd think. oh hell, just give me a tele. or better yet, give me a peavey t-60. whatever, i don't really care as long as i have something to play.

Archived