Welcome to The Studio Trenches!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Originally posted by the stranger

Ken says--->This is kinda like the giant lobby with the chandelier and the two sweeping staircases, with Phil standing by the elegant crystal doors welcoming visitors in, huh?

stranger says----> Who's the guy swinging from the chandelier?

Probably Nursers. He's from Globe - Wrong Side, aka Oz, so he tends to be more comfortable hanging upside down. ;)

• 2 months later...
  • Members

My son has a Fostex MR8-HD. He has recorded audio onto the hard drive, and we transferred the files (I believe thay are wave) to the computer. What software do you recommend to edit, mix & burn the cd's? Something similar to pro tools (I believe?) at a more affordable cost. Cost is an issue, at least initially, but we don't want to deal with junk. Also, is that all we need at this point? My computer will burn the cd. Do we need a hard mixer?

Thanks,

Randy K

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Members

Hey Phil, New to HC, I produce three to six records a year and I wanted to get some of your thoughts about the most effective way to do Pre Production... I keep feeling like I sit in the control room rehersing a lot of my clients, as much as I try to get clients to be prepared, few of them ever are. While my pocket book doesn't mind, I am just getting a little board and it makes it tough to really stay engauged in the project... any advice?

• Moderators

Hey Phil, New to HC, I produce three to six records a year and I wanted to get some of your thoughts about the most effective way to do Pre Production... I keep feeling like I sit in the control room rehersing a lot of my clients, as much as I try to get clients to be prepared, few of them ever are. While my pocket book doesn't mind, I am just getting a little board and it makes it tough to really stay engauged in the project... any advice?

Great idea for a thread.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Howdy Phil,

Just a newbie musician here wondering if this is where its at ???:poke:

Something i'm stuck on at the mo is fine tuning your EQ's....

By 'EQ tuning', i mean that process when you tune the individual eq's of the instruments in your DAW, kinda like EQ mastering i guess, you know, how you sweep the frequencies till you find their mid-point then boost/cut accordingly.

Hmm, i'm not quite sure any of that made sense.

Do you know what i mean?

anyway, idea for discussion??? "EQ tuning in ten or less steps" :p

Mind ah'd want the easy version...:lol:

btw, how come you got your own icon. what did you have to do to get this> :phil:

cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm in the process of building an analog recording studio in Modesto, CA. I've been collecting vintage analog equipment for four years, however, I know you've gotta have some digital. Several local 'experts' have been pointing me in the direction of Apple Logic, still others insist I must use Pro Tools, any suggestions?

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Is there anyone out there who knows how to operate a Digidesign 003 Interface? I'm having a problem getting it to go in "record mode". it keeps saying that no tracks are "enabled" I guess my question is this, how do you enable the tracks? I'm using Pro Tools LE 8

I have the manual, but it's not very clear. The manufacturer (digidesign) only gives you "one month" of telephone support! After that, they want you to purchase "support" for $249! Unbelievable!

Help,

Clarino

the.lemons@comcast.net

• Moderators

Is there anyone out there who knows how to operate a Digidesign 003 Interface? I'm having a problem getting it to go in "record mode". it keeps saying that no tracks are "enabled" I guess my question is this, how do you enable the tracks? I'm using Pro Tools LE 8

I have the manual, but it's not very clear. The manufacturer (digidesign) only gives you "one month" of telephone support! After that, they want you to purchase "support" for $249! Unbelievable!

Help,

Clarino

the.lemons@comcast.net

It can be a bit confusing starting out with PT. Pardon if this is too rudimentary for you. It wasn't for me the first time in PT.

Create a track in PT

In that track assign an input (AnalogMic1)

Plug a mic into that input (Mic1)

Click the little "R" on the software track (channel strip) you created in PT

You should now see your meter jumping about if you clap your hands.

Click the record button on the transport window. That's the one with the play, stop, etc. icons. The record button is the one with the round dot. It should now be red. Click play and start screaming like a banshee!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...