Spencer,Base, what about another NEXT!

Shars

• Members

Morning Shars...(yawn)...

It's been a busy day for me. I've been up for quite awhile now. I've been rehearsing with my son's band for a few days...they've been my backup band for a little gig at a local barbecue contest (outdoor gig) that was today and tomorrow. We were supposed to go on at 6, followed by the "main" act at 7 (a local country band that plays nice, safe standards). I originally was going to do the gig solo acoustic, but thought I'd beef it up a bit.

So, I got my son's band to accompany me. They'd never really played covers before...so we kept it simple. They kicked ass.

But we almost didn't play. We were supposed to run through our short set at 1 pm...then relax a bit...go over and set up around five. The rest of the band didn't get there 'til nearly three. We ran through a number or two, then RRRRRUMMMMBLLLEBOOOOOM!!!! Thunder. :rolleyes: Great. It rolled in, and poured for an hour and a half. Finally it seemed it might be letting up, and we arrived at 5. We were supposed to use the other band's PA. Their monitors weren't working. This was an outdoor gig...and although they had tarps covering everything, I think some stuff still got wet. Meanwhile, while they were dicking around with it...a local dance teacher had her little girls entertaining their parents. Always a big draw...because all the parents and grandparents will come to watch their kids. But, as soon as her show is over (and it always runs long)...everyone leaves. To make matters worse...her show ended, and the main band was still dicking around with the monitors. It looked like it wasn't going to happen...especially when the sky to the west started darkening again...another storm rolling in.

But, we played a shorter set, then turned it over to the main band. They hadn't been on too long when it started pouring (by which time all our gear was safely in my van). That's show biz.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man Ted, you sound like you had a pretty busy time!
I spent all day yesterday trying to convince one of my bands to do a mini fest for a band members Bday in Sept but nah, all day wasted fter saying yes and then no and it was one of them only that wants to spoil it where the others are all happy to do it and now I have to let him down which hes going to be pretty unhappy about :(

• Members

Thats a date Ted!!
You gotta come over again soon Ted.
Kinda had alot of fun when you were over earlier in the year and I am sure between me, Base and Dave Lakeside, we can sort out some where for you to play and kip down!
You know you RAWK Ted! :cool:

• Members

Sweet merciful crap, what I ride I had Saturday morning. It was my first since getting SUV'd early in the month. It was also my first MTB ride since November of '99. Completely different experience from my road rides, but equally enjoyable.

First off, it was a dual-suspension Trek mofo. Once I made the nessecary adjustments (the bike needed some tuning), I headed out for a very cushy ride. That being said, I've been riding hardtail road bikes for so long, I'm not used to having my downforce on the pedals get translated into the rear suspension. Accelerating tended to make the bike bob up and down. Yes, I had it as stiff as I possibly could without getting out a plumber's monkey wrench ;)

After 2 hours of exploration, I arrived back at my abode relaxed and rejuvenated. Nothing like a good ride to stir the soul.

That being said, I'm still set on gettting a replacement road bike. However, I might be picking up an MTB for the GF sometime down the road... :D Storage, might be an issue, though.

BLAA AHHAAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!

Cheers!
Spencer

• Members

I'm here, but admittedly late to the party this morning. Not late for work, mind you. But things got off to a hectic pace right out of the gate today. Certain dealines were moved up on a couple of ongoing collections that I'm involved with. No biggee, just a bit short on notice.

Cheers!
Spencer

• Members

TAPE collections dammit ;)

Currently restoring Inuit stories that were recorded back in '67. The tapes aren't in the best shape, so it's taking a bit more effort than normal.

Any other *ahem* "ventures" can't be discussed in such a public place.... :D

Always late, Shars?! Jesum crow, of course I'm going to be late compared to you two - there's a 3.5 hour time difference! It's only 10:30 here, dammit :p

Cheers!
Spencer

Archived