Spencer,Base, what about another NEXT!

Shars

• Members

Cool Ted :)
I wish I could have made that evening :(
We had fun though didnt we at the dinner! If you make it over again well you know you both can stay with us and we can get to do some others bits and show you around properly.

Hey Geezer :) Hows you? Cool box btw...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh next time. You sure you want two ne'er-do-wells like Deb and I darkening your doorstep? :D

I do have to get back over there. For one thing, gotta get up to Scotland and bother John (Flyscots). And, for another...I've got to do me CD properly and do a couple of backup gigs for Dave (Lakeside Studios) band, "The Shrinks". That would RaWk!!

• Members

I've only caught a couple of episodes, but I've enjoyed what I've seen. Fantastic writing that keeps you guessing. Be mindful of how the storyline jumps from the present to the recent past. Sometimes it moves so fast and fluid between the two tenses that some folks have a hard time keeping up....

Other shows with absolutely phenominal writing:
- Oz (HBO)
- Deadwood (HBO)
- Six Feet Under
- Rescue Me
- The Simpsons (you knew that was coming, didn't ya!)

There's lots more, but I'm lazy and the coffee (mmmm...tasty, too) hasn't hit me yet.

Cheers!
Spencer

• Members
Originally posted by Tedster

Yeah, the "plus tax" thing sucks, but, I think it's worse going into a McDonald's over there... whereas a quarter pounder meal here is like 4 bucks, over there it's four as well...POUNDS...which is like almost 8 bucks.
:eek:

So... lemme get this straight... you went all the way to England just to pay 8 bucks for McDonald's? :D

• Members
Originally posted by Base

But this is England, my dear, even in McDonalds all our restaurants look like this and we are waited on with silver service...

restpics2b.jpg

:D

"I'll have the McBeef Wellington with a bottle of McCabernet Sauvignon, please"

:D :D :D

Actually, in some cases the McDonalds were great to duck into for a quick restroom break. I did have a Chicken McCurry sandwich, because you'd never get curry at a McDonald's here. It wasn't kickass curry, but I had to try it.

And Base, I only mention the karaoke bar because, you know, we were DUPED into believing it was regular live music.

• Members

One thing that occurred to me, was perhaps that the "Indian Cuisine" restaurants were sort of like the "Mexican Cuisine" over here. You can't get Mexican food over there (and if you could, I'm not sure you'd want it). But, it might make for an interesting enterprise, as Mexican food is quite popular here.

• Members
Originally posted by Tedster

And Base, I only mention the karaoke bar because, you know, we were DUPED into believing it was regular live music.

I know, I felt so dirty :(:D

Sure we get mexican restaurants over here, they just aren't all that common, which is a shame because I love mexican food. Didn't get a chance to try any when I was in the states. Chiquito's are the most common here, they're a chain, they're ok, nothing too hot tho. There's a one-off called Down Mexico Way in London that is pretty good too. Fajita's are quite common in many restaurants with a general menu (ie, not country specific).

I've tried cooking my own mexican recipes, but as there aren't many places for me to sample it, I don't know if I make it right, and my tolerance to hot food is probably woefully inadequate to cope with the real-thing :D

• Members

My God this is so pointless. I have to post stuff though. Did yez know that a mad Irish writer once invented trousers with really long pockets for storing bottles of Guinness? He went on to refine the idea with rubber lining in the pockets so one could store draught beer too. You had to be carefull not to sit down too quickly.

• Members
Originally posted by blackpig

My God this is so pointless. I have to post stuff though. Did yez know that a mad Irish writer once invented trousers with really long pockets for storing bottles of Guinness? He went on to refine the idea with rubber lining in the pockets so one could store draught beer too. You had to be carefull not to sit down too quickly.

Leave it to an Irishman. :D

Archived