Spencer,Base, what about another NEXT!

Shars

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You mean Newfoundland is in a time zone marked off in a HALF HOUR interval? My God...that must be impossible to keep track of...

It's 5 hours between our daylight time and GMT.

Shars, Base, can't remember, are you on daylight time too? (Which would mean an hour's difference between local time and Greenwich time)

• Members

"Fall back, spring forward" is how I remember it.

The reason for the half hour time difference is geography. We're kinda stuck off in the Atlantic a bit too far to go by Atlantic time, and not quite far enough to go the other way.

Seeing as we're already screwed up, the powers that be decided to eff us up just a shade more by dealing us the half hour TZ thing. :D

Cheers!

Spencer

• Members

Its nice this morning though.

I wont be around today as its my mums retirement party at the hospital where she works and thank goodness for that.

Shes worked all these years caring for other people, now i can start caring for her :)

I cant wait to have her all to myself again and might even book her a holiday in Maderia as she loves it there.

I'll get some pictures to show you all and post them up later.

• Members

It is with great regret that Garbage have decided to cancel their visit to France,Belgium and the UK in October.

Having been constantly on the road since the beginning of March the band feel they have somewhat overextended themselves and have mutually decided to conclude their tour at the end of September in Australia.

The band wish to extend their apologies to all Garbage fans in the territories involved and thank them profusely for their support. All tickets will of course be refunded.

What kind of pansy-assed excuse is that?!!?!??! I'd get fired if I told my boss I'd overextended myself and couldn't work next month, mumble groan whinge :mad:

Off to sit in the corner and sulk *pout*

Congrats to your Mum tho Shars :)

• Members

Thanks Base, I'll be sure to tell her.

I have to run now as running late.

Got to get to Whitechapel pretty sharpish now for midday or she'll kill me for being late! :)

Cya later on peeps and play nice whilst I'm away... :D oh and I want a full report as to what time Spencer decides to wander in :D

• Members

OH OH OH!!!

I forgot to mention:

I can do push-ups again!!!!

The shoulder is 99% back to full capacity. And I surmise that within a week I'll have my new road bike! I've still got McCann's Trek until tomorrow afternoon. If the weather ever decides to clear up today, I might be able to sneak in a ride this evening and a nice long one tomorrow morning.

Cheers!

Spencer

• Members

Well you were sort of on time Spencer :D

I just got back from my mums retirement party and it was nice to see so many familiar faces even my first ever boyfriend was there and we caught up on what we have done with ourselves since school I suppose! :o Its was nice to see him after such a long time I have to say and with his lovely wife and his kids. :)

Mum had a great time and she was tears and got really over emotional and I think she deserves such a send of after 30 years of devotion to the National Health Service. Now she can relax which means more time doing things we haven't had time to do.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I can but right now I need to kick of my cowboy boots and chill with a cuppa!

• Members

Hard to see the pic...it's dark, and your family has a darker complexion as well..but your mum looks swell from what I can see!!!

Hope everyone had a fun time!!

Funniest thing about complexions. Deb has been an Avon lady for some time. When I went to school in Tallahassee, we lived in married student housing...and there were lots of international students. A lot from south central and western Asia. The Pakistani women, for example, were always asking Deb if she could get them something to lighten their complexion. Meanwhile, the American women were at the beach trying to get darker. ;):rolleyes::D Why can't we all just be happy with the way we are? :cool:

• Members

Yeha it is pretty dark but you've seen my complexion, well my mums is the same kinda of colour to me.

Shes completely grey aswell but you cant pick that up in that picture.

Let see if I can find a better one of her :)

I noticed there was a soap on the market that lightens skin and I think it probbably does more harm than good.

Its made by Palmers I think. I wouldnt use it but then again I don't have a problem with what colour I am either like most of these Asian women!

My firends bother many years ago lightened his skin but he was an out right weirdo!

The family came from St.Helena and had lighter skin than me and he used to have ths routine that every time he went in the bath, he'd pour bleach in there and I mean heavy duty stuff, the kind drain cleaners use for sewers.

He used to use a whole bottle everyday and it got to the point where he lost all his pigment in his skin and his hair but he was a freako for sure! Gave me the creeps and I used to aviod him and all he did when he did see was grunt!

Kinda never understood why he had such a problem with his skin colour.

:confused:

• Members

I've got a green face this morning. The rest of me is the usual mottled pinkish grey. Mrs. Blackpig and I just got sattelite T.V. installed and now our phone won't work. The weird thing is my broadband modem (shares a socket with telephone) works just fine. We sat up late last night drinking wine and watching rubbish. I feel ever so slightly squiffy now, hence the green face.:)

• Members

You got Sat...well get over to MTVs Pimp My Ride!

I've been watching that all morning and I cannot beleive peopleactualy ride around in those cars!!

Let me know what you think as its pretty cool and most of those cars have gear worth more than my house in them!!

Archived