Spencer,Base, what about another NEXT!

Shars

• Members

Yes, Spencer, I am stalking you through cyberspace, merely using you to futher my knowledge of the music industry and slowly take over Newfoundland, and then, the WORLD! MWAHAHAHA! All I have to offer you in return is more cowbell. :p Thanks for the welcome. :D Good luck with the compiling. Ya'll keep crankin' out all those fancy schmancy music courses at MUN, I might have to apply for a student visa!

Tedster, I will definitely check out those pics, thanks! It seems like a lurvely town from what I've seen and heard of it so far.

Hi there Shars! I will check out your clips as well, soon as they unchain me from this damn desk at 5pm :D

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ya'll keep crankin' out all those fancy schmancy music courses at MUN, I might have to apply for a student visa!

The Ethno-course is headed up by Dr. Beverley Diamond - my supervisor here at MMaP. Her Ph.D is on Ethnomusicology. I honestly don't know anyone else who is more learned and experienced on the subject.

LUNCHTIME!!!!

Cheers!

Spencer

• Members

Yeah Friday and I'm gonna have me some fun this weekend!

I'm gonna take a new Range Rover Sports out for a battering just for the heck of it! Wanna see what all the hypes about with them...

I feel really naughty today. :D :D

• Members

I'll probably view a few more houses, we saw one yesterday whose owners must have passed away, been in the same family since it was built in the mid-1800's. Looked like a museum (in a cool kinda way). There was stuff in there that must be worth a bit, an ancient looking foot powered sewing machine and really old barometer. Needed too much work done to it unfortunately....

• Members

Can't have avatars on HC is that right? or am i just not seeing them?

Good morning all!

Shars i'm very jelous you're taking that Range Rover Sport out, i'd love to have a go at one of those!

So.. Anyone ever been to the Edinburgh Film Festival? i've just finished up working at it, and i mic'd up some real legends this last couple of weeks..:eek: if you like that sort of thing.

• Members

WOW...that sounds like a cool house though Base but imagine the goolies!! :eek:

My house was built in the 40s after the war by POWs from Italy/Germany and they did really make a masterpiece. The man who lived here before me helped build it so I'm only the second occupant.

I know what you mean about antiques, you should have seen this place before we stripped it back to bear bones and painted it magnolia till we decide on a scheme.. It was pretty aweful stuff and the curtains.. well they were just rotten.

Its coming on slowly though. Just had the kitchen redone and looking great in Stainless Steel and hardwood tops...

It was the floors that sold it for me and now their stripped back, we have the best Parkie flooring ever...

It all takes time Base.... You have to find the perfect place really.

• Members

Won't be too far, we just want somewhere big enough to swing a cat, not that I'd actually try such a thing ;) The current favourite is a 2-bedroom with a decent sized garden and 3 matured fruit-tree's for said cat to get stuck in!!! It's a little pricey tho, I need to wander around the area looking mean to try to lower property prices first :D I won't say how much, someone over the Atlantic will just tell me how they bought a mansion sized place for 1/8th the price and upset me :mad:

That must have been cool Chris, never been to the festival, know a couple of people that went up in the last couple of weeks tho. Maybe next year...

• Members

Yeah Jason, well good... if you do next year, scorsesse himself will be there!

now HIM i'd love to put a mic on.

this year, (i won't name drop any further after this, promise! :))

see if these guys mean anything.

Anthony Mingella, the English Patient Guy

Richard E Grant, the withnail and Wah Wah guy

George Romero, the Zombie film guy

John Mathieson, cinematographer

Albert Maysles, the old school fly on the wall documentory inventor

Joss Whedon, the buffy guy

Ken Adam, the bond film designer guy

Paul Schrader, scorsesse's writer

and Thelma Schoonmaker, scorsesse's editor.

Thelma Rocked the most!

Joss was a gimp, but got absolutely sell out audience.

(some weirdos paid over

• Members

OMFG!!

Joss Whedon?! :p

Not a "Boffy" fan, myself. Nor an "Angel" fan. Nor a fan of anything else that he's been a part of. Fantastic marketing, though.

But the Scorsese contingent - DAMN! That's cool!

TiHo's java might give me enough of a kick in the ass to get me through this Friday. It shaping up to be kind of pedestrian in terms of what tasks I have to complete. I'm gonna have to do something to make it crazy and fun for myself around the office today.

I'd also like to say a big internet-wide Thank-you to one Sean McCann of Great Big Sea: as previously stated, he had loaned me one of his MTB's for a brief period to tide me over until I get a new one of my own. I returned his bike last night as he wanted to go for a ride himself this morning. There's a standing offer to borrow it anytime for a day or so. Just another cool thing to add to the list of cool thiings that this band has done for me, either as indiviuals or as a group.

A toast: To all of our dear departed avatars....

Cheers!

Spencer

Archived