How many Gibson owners use Gibson strings?

moestock

• Members

I just got my 1st Gibson, and of course they recommend Gibson strings in the manual. I've always used Ernie Balls and I'm not planning on changing, but I'm just curious if anyone is restringing with the Gibson made strings and if there is any benefit to them.

And if not what brand of strings do you prefer?

• Members

I have.

well its actually an Epiphone LP that I have but I have used Gibson Pure strings on it.

the Ace Frehley set of 9's and the humbucker strings.
I havent been playing long enough to know if they were "good" or not. they sounded fine.

I just changed to a set of Ernie Ball 11's the other day and I really like these strings but cant say if they are better. all I know is the 11's are friggin great

• Members

I've never had 11's on an electric, I think that would be to much for me, bends are tough enough with the 10s. I have 11 accoustic strings on one of my accoustics and they're a little to thin.

I always used to play 9's on my electrics, but after years of accoustic playing they just felt too flimsy. I had a few more springs put into my Ibanez with the floyd rose to handle the extra tension, and I'm quite happy and settled on 10's. The Les Paul showed up with 10s so I'm gonna play them out but I think I'll be going back to Ernies Balls soon enough.

• Members

I do. I own a Lucille and only use B.B. King Sig strings. For 2 reasons, One,I paid for a look and sound and the strings are part of the sound. Two, the strings are a weird guage 10, 13, 17, 32, 45, 54. Hard to find that set anywhere else. I know, I could put one together but why bother, Gibson does it for me.

• Members

I use the Gibson strings on my Explorer and LP, they just seem a little mellower than say D'addarios that... Actually that I hate.. But I keep buying them cos they are cheap.. grrr..:rolleyes:

Yeah I like the Gibson strings..

• Members

I have always been happy with the tone and quality I get from Gibson strings. This has not always been so with EB, or DMs. I keep LP "Pure Nickels" on all my SGs and LP and BriteWires on the Firebird, Corvus, everything else.

-Ron

Archived