Oops...Gibson messed up this SG!

Hoddy

• Members

I was checking out a lefty Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul SG Custom and something didn't quite look right...then I noticed the bridge was angled wrong...be kinda hard intonating that one.
:D

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEFT-HAND-CS-GIBSON-SG-LES-PAUL-CUSTOM-61-REISSUE_W0QQitemZ290119081591QQihZ019QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It does look like it's angled for a right hand guitar. Probably why it's for sale.

A Nashville bridge may work since it has more saddle travel than an ABR bridge.

Also, I hate when people don't rotate their pics. I hate turning my head sideways to see them.

• Members

It does look like it's angled for a right hand guitar. Probably why it's for sale.

A Nashville bridge may work since it has more saddle travel than an ABR bridge.

Also, I hate when people don't rotate their pics. I hate turning my head sideways to see them.

If that's a real Gibson (and it does look like it), I can't believe they let that one out of the shop...speaks volumes for their quality control.:D

• Members

If that's a real Gibson (and it does look like it), I can't believe they let that one out of the shop...speaks volumes for their quality control.
:D

You seem to be enjoying this opportunity to come out from under your bridge.

• Members

Baseball cards with errors sell for tons of cash,Wonder how that works on guitars:idea:

I dunno...I emailed the seller about the wrong angle of the bridge...I'm anxious to see what his reply is.:D

• Members

HRydarcik are you also summer breeze?

Yes, I asked for the moniker change a couple of days ago...hence everything is still the same regarding post count, location, avatar and so on.:cool:

• Members

It does look angled wrong. Something like that would be covered under the warranty.

It's listed as a used item and not knowing how old it is it's questionable whether or not it would still be covered by the warranty.

• Members

It's listed as a used item and not knowing how old it is it's questionable whether or not it would still be covered by the warranty.

Hmm...Did not catch that little "used" bit in the upper corner.:)

Ya, From what I remember Gibson has a "lifetine" warranty for the original owner.

• Members

Yes, I asked for the moniker change a couple of days ago...hence everything is still the same regarding post count, location, avatar and so on.
:cool:

Who did you ask? I tried that and got no response.

• Members

Who did you ask? I tried that and got no response.

I PM'd a couple of the moderators...Justcrash and Hackedbychinese...I don't know who did it.

The reason I picked this moniker is my first name is Hank and Rydarcik was the last name of my great-grandparents on my mother's side...they immigrated here from Austria-Hungary.

• Members

Something doesn't quite look right with the Diamond on the headstock. The bottom two 'ice picks' seem to be a bit too far away from the truss rod cover.

On my SG/LP Custom, the bottom two 'points' are practically touching the trc and all other customs are the same way.

Don't cha think?

Here's mine.

CIMG0088.jpg

Archived