You're all going to jail!

Base

• Members

Annoy people on the internet, go to jail

Sorry if this should be on the political forum, but I think it is relevant for discussion here! Just don't let it annoy you!!!

Now, granted I've long thought that anyone who annoys me in any way should face a prison sentence, but that covers so many people, I'm not sure how this is going to work (disregarding the fact this law doesn't apply to me, so I'm going to annoy the heck out of you all :D )

Any views??

• Members

This sounds like something that either won't stand up in Court or will be greatly modified by the Courts. I'm not a Lawyer, but it would be interesting to learn how that works out. Thank god for checks and balances.

I remember the mid '90s in the early days of the internet when congress passed "The Communications Decency Act". The Supreme Court was all like "Yo! Are you kidding? This is unconstitutional!"

But what do I know? I'm just a silly boy.

I hope I'm not annoying anyone. :p

• Members

This is just one exapmple of what I refer to as "Creeping ridiculousness" in our legal/legislative processes.

The combination of numerous special interests and politicians whe need to secure support is the underlying culprit.

How in the world are everyday folks supposed to keep abreast of all these creeping legal constraints??

Soon you'll need to consult a laywer before taking a piss.

On the positive side I agree that , as written, this law is probably too vague to be upheld in the courts. However, I pity whatever poor fool just gets the pleasure of having to take that agrument through the courts. And... some Judges need to get elected too. You never know what one might do.

• Members

This should get promptly ruled unconstitutional, but if Alito gets in, all bets are off.

Three things could prevent stupid laws like this from being enacted.

1. It should be required that a piece of legislation address only one issue so that items do not "sneak through."

2. Politicians that knowingly pass laws that are obviously unconstitutional (as determined by the body's counsel) should pay for both sides' legal bills with their own personal money when it is taken to court and ruled unconstitutional.

3. Politicians that repeatedly sponsor legislation that is subsequently ruled unconstitutional should be impeached for failing to uphold the constitution as they promised to do when they are sworn into office.

• Members

Originally posted by Angelo Clematide

Real freedom is jail!

Outside is where you are behind bars, and it comes us all cheaper that way, a real saver that system.

:D

Reminds me of Steven Wright: "I have the world's largest seashell collection. I keep it on all the beaches of the world - perhaps you've seen it." :D

• Members

Originally posted by Lee Flier

Reminds me of Steven Wright: "I have the world's largest seashell collection. I keep it on all the beaches of the world - perhaps you've seen it."

Man...I really love Steven Wright!

"I played a blank CD at full volume and it drove the mime downstairs insane." :D

• Members

Originally posted by Alndln2

Charlie?(Manson) Is that you?

Originally posted by Lee Flier

Reminds me of Steven Wright: "I have the world's largest seashell collection. I keep it on all the beaches of the world - perhaps you've seen it."

REALLY APPRECIATE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND !!!

A seldom happening phenomena this times around...

Angelo

Archived