NOT BMajor's non-sticky HOT DEAL THREAD, 6/03 - 6/10

jjpistols

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I picked up these at Chapter's on-line store. Way cheaper than buying from the store. Plus free shipping if you buy both.

Guitar-Player-Repair-Guide-Dan-Erlewine $22.77 CAD

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Guitar-Player-Repair-Guide-Dan-Erlewine/9780879302917-item.html?ref=Search+Books%3a+'dan+erlewine'

How-Make-Your-Electric-Guitar-Dan-Erlewine $19.76 CAD

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/How-Make-Your-Electric-Guitar-Dan-Erlewine/9780879306014-item.html?ref=Books%3a+CWBAB+Hero

• Members

I think the Hot deal thread needs to last 2 weeks instead of only 1. The other thread still had a bunch of good stuff!

Something like the 1st and the 15th of each month? That would probably work well.

However, each time a new thread is started - regardless of what date it actually starts - there will probably be a few good active deals in the previous thread.

What would be ideal is to have a thread that goes back about 2 weeks regardless of when it starts, kind of like a perpetually renewing thread. I don't think that's possible with this kind of forum software though.

• Members

Fullerton Natural or Black $29.99

Hang on... Aside from the pickguard is there any difference between this and a right handed guitar? Could I just string it up backwards and not stress about an upside down pickguard? If so, I'm on this one like a baby in a pacifier festival.

Hang on... Aside from the pickguard is there any difference between this and a right handed guitar? Could I just string it up backwards and not stress about an upside down pickguard? If so, I'm on this one like a baby in a pacifier festival.

Minimally, the nut would have to be flipped and you're intonation would be off going up the neck because the saddle is at an angle and I think that would be too much work to adjust on a $29 guitar.

• Members

Minimally, the nut would have to be flipped and you're intonation would be off going up the neck because the saddle is at an angle and I think that would be too much work to adjust on a $29 guitar.

Plus I believe (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) that acoustic guitar top bracing is installed to compensate for the extra tension from the bottom strings.

Plus I believe (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) that acoustic guitar top bracing is installed to compensate for the extra tension from the bottom strings.

Now you're getting technical!! :o This is an electric guitar forum for godsakes!! Now if you wanna talk about the Malmsteen / BB King bake off..... you are in the right place!! :D

Archived