I just bought a relic... but that's not the worst part.

deva_da_man

• Members

As far as the relic job is concerned, it is subtle enough that it doesn't annoy me.

As far as the Fender decal is concerned, I'd probably remove it. Not that having that decal affects Fender in any way...they lost their money when you bought the copy instead of the real thing. I'd just think you'd rather highlight the uniqueness of the guitar, rather than its...um...influences. ;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the negative comments are a bit based on some idiot a little while ago that was bragging about trying to sell fake Fenders to Guitar Centre, troll troll troll.

So, I'm sure all these nice folk are just looking out for the little guy, not bagging you.

Nice work mate :thu:

- Ged

• Members
That's a nice looking guitar, and I don't see anything wrong with having a "Fender" logo on a non-Fender guitar.

...provided you don't ever try to sell it as a Fender.

That's exactly how I feel. And I really like it. It's subtle and looks much more authentic than most relics, except for the spanky new hardware of course.

I'd rub some dirt in the fretboard bald spots though. :thu:

• Members
yep it was in "oz-tray-lee-anne" dollars.

US made fenders are much pricier over here.

Thats really nice man! I really like it..
Can I ask who its from? Are they doing other stuff? I need a Strat body.

Although I reckon I'd be upgrading the hardware with some lightly reliced stuff..

(and {censored} the naysayers!!):wave:

• Members

So, would you people have the same issue with someone buying a used Fender neck on Ebay and slapping it on a G&L body for use, because, down the road it might change hands a few times and someone might think it is a Fender?

Only Fender is allowed to sell/make money off guitars which carry the Fender logo :)

• Members
That's a nice looking guitar, and I don't see anything wrong with having a "Fender" logo on a non-Fender guitar.

...provided you don't ever try to sell it as a Fender.

Otherwise, enjoy it, and play her in good health!

Word!!!

I think it's damn cool!!!:cool:

• Members

Was it really $1400? That actually changes my opinion a bit, if that is the case.

Why not buy a real one at that point?

because the real ones are more expensive?

sorry to sound like a dick here, but, just check my location, and try to be unlike (in my opinion) the vast majority of americans who don't think outside their country border.

p.s. i really don't have anything against americans (and i am infact technically a yank too- dual citizenship -but i consider myself australian first, american second)

and for Mr.WOW - check out his website he does pretty much everything you could ever want at good prices (and he's based in melbourne so you could actually go see before buying!) http://www.northcoastguitars.com.au

• Members

because the real ones are more expensive?

sorry to sound like a dick here, but, just check my location, and try to be unlike (in my opinion) the vast majority of americans who don't think outside their country border.

p.s. i really don't have anything against americans (and i am infact technically a yank too- dual citizenship -but i consider myself australian first, american second)

and for Mr.WOW - check out his website he does pretty much everything you could ever want at good prices (and he's based in melbourne so you could actually go see before buying!)

Cheers dude!

Yeah, most US guys don't realize a US strat here is closer to $2000, thats about $1800US

Archived