R.I.P. Murt

blackpig

• Moderators

Originally posted by blackpig

I just got the news that a major good mate of mine, Mairtin Mac Ghearraigh, died this afternoon after a long and horrific battle with cancer. He was only 44.

I'm sorry. 44 is so young. I hope you and all his loved ones handle this alright. I can't imagine. Sad.

• Members

Thanks Bran, we buried him today...the biggest funeral I've ever seen. I was struck by the sheer variety of people there - old hippies, Hell's Angels, Travellers, priests, painters, poets, addicts, nuns, business types driving Mercedes cars, buskers, fakirs, beekeepers, fiddle makers and so on - a veritable synopsis of a life though short was filled with more living than many a life lived twice as long, if you know what I mean.

Please make sure to squeeze every ounce of fun and joy from every minute of your life from now on. That's what I'm going to do because you never know what's around the corner. If you worry about what's around the corner you will die of old age, though maybe not having lived.

Murt never drove and refused to wear a watch. He went everywhere by bicycle (an old fashioned Raleigh) and never owned a television. He refused to participate in the rat race because in his own words to win you have to be a rat.

Get yerself up to Canada and enjoy.

Peace, love and joy - there's a new angel in Heaven to watch over us.

:wave:

• Members

Please make sure to squeeze every ounce of fun and joy from every minute of your life from now on. That's what I'm going to do because you never know what's around the corner. If you worry about what's around the corner you will die of old age, though maybe not having lived.

Murt never drove and refused to wear a watch. He went everywhere by bicycle (an old fashioned Raleigh) and never owned a television. He refused to participate in the rat race because in his own words to win you have to be a rat.

Get yerself up to Canada and enjoy.

Peace, love and joy - there's a new angel in Heaven to watch over us.>>

Beautifully, beautifully said and well worth reading multiple times.

Archived