Hey, I know this guy with the guitar the airlines can't destroy

Jeff Leites

• Members

>

Not from lack of trying, I assure you!!

BTW there will be an excerpt from my performance posted with the NAMM Show report videos. Probably next week sometime, I'm doing the product ones first.

There's a rumor I might be taking my act to the Frankfurt show, which sounds like a good idea because I hear the hookers are much less picky.

• Members

Is it because he is playing a Peavey, cause, I ahve owned like 4 of them and they are some of the BEST guitars/basses I have owned...>>

It has nothing to do with Peavey -- I told Lee I'd give her $20 if she yelled out "THAT'S NOT REAL MUSIC!" during the set.

As to the Peavey Milano, yup, no airline has been able to destroy it and that's why it goes on non-local gigs with me (if no airplanes are involved, my PRS gets the nod). At NAMM when Hartley showed me the case for it, and it wasn't the usual hardshell, I asked if it really was rugged enough to hold up to the airlines. Without saying a word, he put it on the floor and jumped up and down on it as hard as he could. He, uh, proved his point :)

• Members

Originally posted by Lee Flier

THAT'S NOT REAL MUSIC!!
:mad:
:mad:

Lee, that's why I posted the pictures of him playing the guitar instead of "playing" the mixer ;) I wanted to show him in the best light ;) I wish I had some pictures from the old days, of him sitting on the floor in front of those RMI amps, playing an electrified sitar.

• Members

Originally posted by deanmass

Is it because he is playing a Peavey, cause, I ahve owned like 4 of them and they are some of the BEST guitars/basses I have owned...

No it's because he was playing over loops. But yes I'm kidding - like Craig said, he TOLD me I should say that cuz he knows I'm not into loops and samples and stuff... even if I am a bit loopy. :D

• Members

Originally posted by offramp

I think Craig Anderton is actually Walter Becker.

This has occurred to me before.

His look and demeanor lead me there.

However, Walter has been living in Hawai.

He would never have lived in Florida. (New Mexico maybe).

Some folks think the Dan and their famous engineer /mixer turn live music played by real musicians on real insruments into something that sounds like midi/loops.

So, there may be something to this.:D

Archived