$400 worth of Epiphone vs. $400 of Agile, or RavenWest for that matter (LP copies)

Alanfc

• Members
Hard to beat an Epi Plain Top for value, playability or tone.

you obviously don't own an Agile with a 3/4" Solid Maple Cap with EBONY fretbaord for less than the Epi Plain top.

I'm no longer objective - I own five (and another one on the way) Agile guitars and really like their cost to value ratio.

clearly when you can buy a Les Paul Type guitar with Alnico V's, Ebony Fretbaord and Spalted top for $369.00 (i bought mine for $199.00 off the B stock rack - it has a dent on the back) you're getting alot for not much money! - here's a pic.:wave:

101_1516.jpg

• Members

You do get more from the better Agiles as far as xtra's and thats what makes them a great deal. However if your like me an LP copy with a newtered lower horn just doesnt look right too me whereas the Epi's,Tokais,Edwards,etc all retain that lower horn shape. The Agiles addition of Ebony boards is a nice offset though.

Comparing shinny apples too shinny apples here btw. LOL

• Members

At the $400 price point for a nice dual humbucker guitar, IMO the Squier Master Series, especially the Esprit, really deserves strong consideration.

Another one to consider might be the Samick Greg Bennett Series, it you can get past the butt ugly headstock.

Both the Squire Master Series and the Samick Greg Bennett Series beat any Agile or Epiphone's I have ever played.

Can't speak about the RavenWests, don't know them

Archived