What was Keef doing in a tree?

Magpel

• CMS Author

In today's Washington Post (in the gossip column) the report was that he either fell out of a tree or fell off a jet ski, but that the band's spokesperson was staying mum.

Seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to determine which of those two reports was the correct one, unless he was making noises like a jet ski when he fell out of a tree overhanging the water.

• Moderators

Originally posted by MikeRivers

In today's Washington Post (in the gossip column) the report was that he either fell out of a tree or fell off a jet ski, but that the band's spokesperson was staying mum.

Seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to determine which of those two reports was the correct one, unless he was making noises like a jet ski when he fell out of a tree overhanging the water.

Of course there's always the possibility that in doing one of those Jet Ski stunts Keith is famous for, he did a ramp but twisted at the last second flying out of the lake/ocean and into a nearby tree at which point he fell out of the tree. That's probably what the spokesperson meant.

Originally posted by jerry_picker

Do not crosspost.

Have a nice day!

:)

(The "search button is your friend.
:wave:
)

Well actually, to qualify as a true crosspost, all of the threads have to be about essentially the same subject / topic, and have to be started by the same person on or about the same date.

If several threads are posted by the same person on the same forum in quick succession, then that would be flooding. Especially if those posts are trollish, nonsensical or silly in nature.

If someone posts about something in one forum, and then after a few days, they decide to try to get further information or additional discussion on another forum, that's generally considered to be okay. If one person starts a thread about a topic on one forum, and someone else starts a thread about the same or a similar subject on another forum, that is also okay. There's plenty of "crossover" discussions all over HC.

But I generally do agree with you on one thing - the search function is your friend. :)

PS News reports today said he was picking coconuts. And that his condition is worse than the "mild concussion" that was originally reported. Apparently he has some inter-cranial bleeding, and they have drilled into his skull to relieve the pressure buldup. He is expected to make a full recovery. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Well actually, to qualify as a true crosspost, all of the threads have to be about essentially the same subject / topic, and have to be started by the same person on or about the same date.

If several threads are posted by the same person on the same forum in quick succession, then that would be
flooding
. Especially if those posts are trollish, nonsensical or silly in nature.

But I generally do agree with you on one thing - the search function is your friend.
:)

PS News reports today said he was picking coconuts. And that his condition is worse than the "mild concussion" that was originally reported. Apparently he has some inter-cranial bleeding, and they have drilled into his skull to relieve the pressure buldup. He is expected to make a full recovery.
:thu:

AHHH!:cool:

So, the difference between cross-posting and flooding is the difference between transvestitism and just wearing makeup to the rock show? :D

Someone put an electric DRILL through Keith's skull and let the blood out? Jeez, I hope someone got a vid of that/ They can put it up on the big screen behind stage on the concert tour!

• Members

I thought something was strange when they reported only a mild concussion yet Keef remained in the hospital for several days.
Today it's reported that he underwwent brain surgery in NZ to relieve a blood clot in his brain. Hopefully. there is nothing more to this and Keef will be back on track soon.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/07/richards.reut/index.html

• Members
Originally posted by paulskirocks

i'm wondering if keith still gets those blood transfusions... if so, his stay in the hospital may also be about detoxing...

The whole blood transfusion thing never happened, it's an urban legend started by a disgruntled former employee of his who was fired. Keith used to go to a clinic in Switzerland to detox via much more pedestrian methods... and once he came back from there saying jokingly that he'd "been to see the blood change man," and this guy who worked for him was either dumb enough to take it seriously or just thought it would sell books. Which it did. :rolleyes:

Keith hasn't been a heroin addict since the late 70's. Still drinks an awful lot and was likely drunk when he fell out of the tree though. :D

I just hope he'll be OK. :( Even though these days I just try to appreciate every day he's still with us cuz by all rights he shouldn't be here.

• Members

Originally posted by Kendrix

I thought something was strange when they reported only a mild concussion yet Keef remained in the hospital for several days.

Hey, if I was rich and had so many people depending on me for income, I would too. That and I don't think head injuries are anything to mess around with - you NEVER know when you hit your head whether something that seemed minor could have complications.

• Members

Yeah, when I first cross-triple-plagiaria-posted this, it was predicated on the asusmption that Keith was going to be a fine--just a little bump on the head. So I'm glad that the tenor of the thread is changing to "Go, Keith!"

• Members

Originally posted by Angelo Clematide

If Keith never had drinked he possibly would have died long time ago, however, i don't know of what, but possibly of boredom...

Yeah, probably wouldn't have been safely inebriated passed out on some floor, but would have walked out into traffic and been killed, back in 1972.

• Members

Brain damage concerns

Email Print Normal font Large font May 10, 2006 - 6:24AM

Keith Richards ... his children have rushed to his hospital bedside in New Zealand.

Photo: AFP

Advertisement

AdvertisementTwo children of Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards have rushed to his bedside at an Auckland hospital as concerns grow about potential brain damage following more surgery.

Daughters Theodora, 21, and Alexandra, 19, were seen arriving at Mercy Ascot Hospital yesterday, where the 62-year-old is recovering amid conflicting reports about his condition.

He was readmitted to Mercy Ascot Hospital on Sunday after complaining about headaches, according to various media reports today.

A craniotomy was carried out early on Monday, in which holes were drilled in his skull to relieve pressure.

His injury - caused by a fall from a palm tree during a holiday in Fiji - has forced the band to postpone the next leg of its A Bigger Bang world tour.

Publicists had earlier denied reports suggesting that Richards' injuries were more serious than first thought.

The New Zealand Herald newspaper reported Richards underwent his first operation to stop bleeding in his skull 12 days ago, soon after arriving in New Zealand, and medical staff feared for his life at the time.

He was discharged a few days later but readmitted after passing out and complaining of major headaches.

Publicists for Richards have confirmed he had undergone at least one procedure to drain fluid from his brain.

London-based LD Communications confirmed the hard living musician had surgery on Monday.

The statement said Richards was yesterday "up and talking with his family" soon after the operation. It's expected it will take him several weeks to recover.

A Wellington neurosurgeon told the Dominion Post newspaper it was likely Richards had suffered a chronic subdural haematoma (a build-up of blood in the brain), which was common in older people after falls and could be fatal if untreated.

source

cheers

john

A Wellington neurosurgeon told the Dominion Post newspaper it was likely Richards had suffered a chronic subdural haematoma (a build-up of blood in the brain), which was common in older people after falls and could be fatal if untreated.

I can tell you from personal experience that those are NOT fun. :(

Prayers and well-wishes going out to Keef - I hope the recovery is complete and quick.

Archived