NGD!!!! say what you want about Gibson but....

guitarbilly74

• Members

...this guitar is amazing!

explorer01.jpg

This crappy pic really doesn't do the guitar any justice (I will take better pictures outside tomorrow) but the guitar is gorgeous, construction is absolutely flawless and the neck is incredible. Not sure if I like the ceramic pickups yet, I haven't had the chance to crank up the amp yet.

This is the second Gibson I purchase this month and the quality on both guitars is just phenomenal.

I'm planning to add some gold metal covers and gold speed knobs to give it a classier look. :cool:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cool:thu:

I have the same model. I found that a treble bleed cap on the volumes really expands the tonal abilities of the stock ceramic pups. When you dial them down you can get some pretty cool classic rock and blues tones. Full up it's power stuff all the way, rock, blues-rock, hard rock, classic metal, etc.

• Members

oh man... look at that 2-piece body. I love Gibson guitars but that's definitely a BIG turn-off.

More than likely it's a 3-piece body. Everyone I've seen (including mine) is a 3-piece. The upper "wing" has another piece grafted on. Dude, that's a BIG hunk o' wood!

To the OP: happy new Exploder day! :thu:

• Members

More than likely it's a 3-piece body. Everyone I've seen (including mine) is a 3-piece. The upper "wing" has another piece grafted on. Dude, that's a BIG hunk o' wood!

To the OP: happy new Exploder day!
:thu:

Mine is a 3 pc. Two big main chunks and one small "wing".

:cop:Mine has some tiny knots in it, mineral streaks, wavy grain. That's one of the reason why I bought it. The others looked too "plain" for me, I couldnt tell one from the other.

• Members

Congrats! I agree that they are very nice guitars!

Regarding the body, I am relieved to see that a somewhat mismatched 3-piece body is the norm on these Explorers. The wood in mine is actually very nice, but it looks like it came from 2 or 3 different trees!

ExplorerFront.jpg

Archived