Were you a "Long Hair" back in the day? (or now?)

Marko

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Had it long in high school and during my first stint in college. I got sick of it and cut it short, then missed it and grew it again, and again, and again. Now it's short, and I don't miss long hair much at all. I had it, and I'm glad I did. I wish I had more hair now, but I don't wish it was long anymore.

• Members

Hell yes I remember that song! I was a dredlock wearing, free loving, Grateful Dead following Hippy.

Until Punk Rock hit and turned my world upside down.

I remember I would frequently walk down one particular street and this old black man was usually sitting on the porch and he would always yell out

• Members

Stupid long hair up until I was about 16, then short spiky and dyed, then longer and dyed up until about 10 years ago when it was STUPID long (Down to my bum) and pissing me off 'coz I kept sitting on it.

Hacked it all off and have had no hair at all since, though I do have the occasional bad head day!

:thu:

• Members

I had long hair and my mother said I looked like a drug addict, she was very perceptive. Then I cut it short and she said that I looked as if I had just come out of prison. You can't win with mothers. Now it's short because I'm an old guy now and long hair looks stupid when it's greying. Look at what J.Mascis looks like, a dick !

• Members

This is an old thread I started in the PP forum. I want to see what happens here in my new favorite room.

I remember wanting be in the 7th grade! (1987!), but I never had the patience to get past the awkward mullet stage. I gave up in High School- however I was a long hair at heart!

Archived