More often than not, I stick with the bridge pickup

u6crash

• Members

it depends...

Blackmore Strat - I use the Lil'59 in the bridge 100% of the time(the neck/middle pups are stock single coils, which pale in comparison to the Lil'59)

Squier Vintage Modified Strat - I almost always use the neck/middle position(SD Alnico V single coils :thu: )

Epi LP Spec II - bridge 90%(but I rarely play it anymore)

Epi Les Paul Standard Plus - bridge 80%, I usually keep the neck volume rolled way down, so I'll switch over to the neck for a clean tone

Dean V - bridge 100% (the neck pup isn't even in the circuit)

• Members

Bridge for rythym, but neck for most solos. The only reason I like using the bridge for solos is pinch harmonics just scream, and I can't seem to get very good ones on the neck pickup. Maybe its my technique, but if I could get the tone of the neck with the bridge's pinch harmonics, that would own.

• Members

In the past I have been a 90% bridge pickup guy except when I was going for a clean sound. That was also with the guitars I have that have hot bridge pickups like the 500T, ToneZone, and a P90 that seems sort of hot to me. Lately though, with the Edwards LP that has a 59 in the neck I am really digging that pickup. It kind of does everything and I find myself using it about 54% of the time, the JB in the bridge and the 59 in the neck about 29% of the time, and the JB by itself about 17% of the time.;)

• Members

Hrmm, I mostly play strats and I'd probably say I'm 75% neck, 20% #2 and #4 positions and 5% bridge. Rarely the middle only pickup.

On the Tele, I'm probably 50% neck, 25% and 25%.

On H/S/S guitar or H/H guitars, I spend more time on the bridge, but I probably only use H/S/S or H/H guitars 10% of the time.

• Members
esphy1.jpg

Sweet. I've always thought those were way cool.

Well, I had bought a used LTD Hybrid 300 that the previous owner had modded with an American Tele pickup in the neck position and an SH6 splittable with a push-pull pot instead of the Duncan Designed shown on this pic:

LTD-Hybrid-300-stbc-lg.jpg

It is truly a great and versatile guitar. So I was thinking of buying a Hybrid 400 which is similar to the modded one when I saw on Ebay an ESP "The Hybrid" - I did not know anything about this guitar and it was difficult to find out much on the web because there are different descriptions with different configurations - in any case, the price was OK and it is exactly like on the pic above. It is not as flexible as the LTD with two PUs but the single PU is just great, the neck is a marvel - so far my only ESP ... I am not so much into the EMG-Metal-ESP stuff ...

Archived