NGD - SG Classic w/ pics! (& story of its journey from MF)

mikethehamster

• Members

The day I bought my PRS Custom 24 I played one that JUST arrived at Guitar Center. Don't you know that Classic was one of the Nicest I ever played.

I had just Hit the Number and almost bought both. But I just couldn't bring myself to doing it. I regret it now. But I dig my Standard, has the fattest neck of any Gibson I own.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well with the encouragement of this forum, I decided to give MF one last call. I explained my situation and how other customers on this forum with similar situations got discounts or future discounts, but I was told that nothing could be done by one of their representatives. So I spoke with a supervisor and got the same spiel.

But with the spiel came the addition of being accused of MAKING MY STORY UP. In particular the part about being offered an SG Standard for $999. I angrily responded that I still have the e-mail in my inbox and he was then mum on the subject. Anyway, after much back and forth bickering he finally decided to give me $30 worth of MF credit.

Well, that was 1 week ago. I've checked my credit card account, my MF account, and my e-mail countless times to see if I'd actually get a credit, and I gots nothing. To be honest, I really don't care about the credit because I'll never shop with them again. But I just think that it's bewildering that they can run a business the way that they do.

A word to the wise, do not shop at MF unless you have exhausted all other alternatives.

Archived