Backstage Rituals

dattebayo1

• Members

I was at a gig last weekend and i noticed that the lead player in the headlining band was warming up on the bass??

I thought it was cool because i used to do the opposite way back when i played bass and would warm up on a guitar.

Got me thinking anyways. What kind of rituals do all you guys and gals get up to before going onstage??

: )

• Members

This is kind of lame if you're not into that sort of thing, but if I know I'm playing with like-minded guys, we'll usually pray. You know, so that we don't melt anybody's face too badly, etc.

But otherwise, I keep it to myself.

Still, not one face melted beyond the limits of modern-day plastic surgery yet.

• Members

I check to make sure everything's in tune, and everything's working properly.

It may not sound like much of a ritual, but I've seen bands go onstage without so much as hitting a tuner before they start their first song...and end up tuning up onstage, without muting.

Muy unprofessional.

• Members

I check to make sure everything's in tune, and everything's working properly.

It may not sound like much of a ritual, but I've seen bands go onstage without so much as hitting a tuner before they start their first song...and end up tuning up onstage, without muting.

Muy unprofessional.

cringe time : )

• Members

I really don't gig, but when I've performed I like to do some isometrics and stretching. Legs, back, shoulders, arms, fingers. I do that a lot, though, not just before I'm getting ready to do something. Sometimes just 'cause I'm bored.

It keeps me outta' the gym at least. :thu:

• Members

I drink a fifth of Jack and sleep with a few groupies of course! YOU GUYS ARE LAME!
:p

Nice 1,000th post, breaux! :thu:

I tune then warm up my fingers with exercises, drink 2 beers, find the hot girl to focus on, and make sure my zipper is up (at least temporarily).

• Members

I had a pretty {censored}ty pre-game routine lol. I'd usually warm up on my guitar, hang out with the guys, gather up, prey, and then I'd keep a plastic bag with me cuz I'd usually throw up right before performing...so yeah not that great. The throwing up was usually everytime...

...dunno why. It's like throwing up made my nervousness go away. After that it was all out rock out with your cock out, balls to the walls!

• Members
I was at a gig last weekend and i noticed that the lead player in the headlining band was warming up on the bass??

I thought it was cool because i used to do the opposite way back when i played bass and would warm up on a guitar.

Got me thinking anyways. What kind of rituals do all you guys and gals get up to before going onstage??

: )

Maybe he was bored or had an idea for something?

• Members

It used to be drink 2-3 beers, load up with gear, drive to the venue, take a shot, set up gear, pound a couple pitchers, take a dump, watch the other bands, then rock out.

We never really thought about it too hard. Part of setup including testing levels and tuning and crap ... that's about all on the technical side. Mostly alcohol-fueled rock and rage haha.

Archived