The old musicplayer days.

Han

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I found out that Dan posts here under the nick 'Counterpoint' , so I would like Dan to join. Dan?

Everyting has its nice and less nice sides, like our most famous soccerplayer Johan Cruyff used to say: every disadvantage has its andvantage.

Who was this other great guy, can't find his name, he's a FOH engineer who did the reggae festival at Kingston Jamaica every year, really a great guy.

And I never got a reply from Rold (Harold), I emailed him a couple of times but it seems he's dissapeared. He really behaved like a dear friend.

And where's Curve, wierd guy but funny.

Anyway, we have Bruce now and while we're at Bruce now, I want to express my feelings about the Brucemaster.

This man has a list of credits which is almost endless, a closet full of rewards and yet this man is one of the buddies. Arrogant? on the contrary, I would say he's 180 degrees from arrogant.

I've read a post about Rudy van Gelder, another recording hero. Rudy van Gelder will take all his 'secrets' with him in his grave.

Bruce will share all he knows with everyone who wants to learn, and for free.
Kudos for Bruce Swedien! :thu: :thu: I sinserely hope to meet Bruce one day.

Let's not forget Craig, THE best moderator ever and still going strong after all these years.

I also miss George Massenburg, what a great guy George is. I will never forget the misunderstanding we had because of our language barrier. And guess what happened? George apologized, George Massenburger apologized to a newbie from the other side of the planet, I'll never forget that.

Later I've met George at AES in Amsterdam, but he was exhausted and we didn't have much conversation, but at least we shook hands.

I've had a long chat with EveAnn Manley in Amsterdam though.

Lee Flier, one of the 'guys' here for a very long time. I've had the pleasure to record a couple of songs with Lee and the other guys (Lyle and Jim 'James'), that was great, we've had a lot of fun and the band is awesome.

Do you guys remember the thread I started when my dear sister in law got cancer? That was soooooo great, what a great bunch of people, it helped us a whole lot. Joosje is still with us and she's still on medication, suffering from side effects, but we still have her.

Anyway, I love you all!

Peace, Han

• Members

I actually miss the way AOL threaded messages back in the early SSS days. It was one of the few things AOL's software did right.

Lincoln Jedi was actually a father and son (maybe the same username shared, maybe slightly different - I don't remember...) who were super cool. I remember meeting up at Chuck Levin's for a presentation by Craig (and we all took him out to dinner afterward... or maybe it was an Alesis rep who paid. I can't remember.) and Lincoln the elder was as interesting to talk to as Mr. Anderton. Great stories about the Washington DC area music scene.

• Members
I actually miss the way AOL threaded messages back in the early SSS days. It was one of the few things AOL's software did right.

Lincoln Jedi was actually a father and son (maybe the same username shared, maybe slightly different - I don't remember...) who were super cool. I remember meeting up at Chuck Levin's for a presentation by Craig (and we all took him out to dinner afterward... or maybe it was an Alesis rep who paid. I can't remember.) and Lincoln the elder was as interesting to talk to as Mr. Anderton. Great stories about the Washington DC area music scene.

I remember going for a good period of time prior to avatars thinking Lee Flyer was a guy.

I still think Arel spencer may have been Micheal Jackson - or Don Was.;)

I treasure the exchange or two I had with Al Kooper when he was breifly involved.

We all went through 9/11 together. "All your websites are belong to us"

That all feels like 100 "web years" ago (1 man year =7 dog years = 20 web years).

• Members

It's like Boosh said: "People come and people go."

Forums are dynamic places and they are always changing. I still see a lot of old MP people here; and a bunch of new folks too.

Every thing changes, but it is good to see a bunch of familliar faces.

• Members

man, i was thinking about rold the other day... i was wondering if anyone had heard from him lately... last phone call i got was a while back from him.

Harold got some private problems and the last I've heard from him is that he was working on a big ship.

Great guy he is.

• Members

People do come back sometimes, Alphajerk has been posting here again, which is vey welcome!

The reason why Bruce is here is because he didn't like the MP version of SSS, it was sort of the "MP Open Jam" but on a more civilized level...so he left. But when I started up here, he returned and the way things happen here seems to suit him better.

But we still have people like D. Gauss and Lee and Ken and Tedster and...I could go on, but you get the point. And we have a lot of new people, so all is well AFAIC. The vibe here is less crowded than it was on MP, but on the plus side, I don't have to do anywhere near as much deleting here, and my time is so limited these days I don't think I could take care of this forum properly if it was much bigger!

• Members

I don't think anything ran them off, they just got busier and busier and had some personal stuff to deal with in "real life."

I miss Jedi, what a great dude he is.

I see, well I guess I shouldnt have worded it way. I only did so because they seemed to be here one day and then gone the next. Had something tragic happened, I imagine we'd have heard something. I just figured there may have been a misunderstanding somewhere along the line.

Hope all is going well with them nowdays. You're right, he and his dad were A#1!

• Members

I see, well I guess I shouldnt have worded it way. I only did so because they seemed to be here one day and then gone the next.

That wasn't entirely true, they tried to pop in now and then and let everybody know what was going on for awhile. But it was easy to miss their posts if you didn't see them at the time! Been quite awhile since I've seen them post at all though... I think Lincoln Jr. did pop in here at HC maybe once since the move, but not since.

Yeah, I miss Lincoln too. :(

Who was this other great guy, can't find his name, he's a FOH engineer who did the reggae festival at Kingston Jamaica every year, really a great guy.

Do you mean NYC Drew? If so, he's a GREAT guy! He has posted here a few times, but I have not seen him around for a while. But he's just an incredible person, and I really hope everything is going great for him. :thu:

• Members
I still think Arel spencer may have been Micheal Jackson - or Don Was.
;)

No Mr.Lostgloves ,

Arell is just plain old weird lingo Arell I got an email from him this week to tell me he did some new stuff,...He allways comes back allthough somewhere between the lines I thought he was trying to say he got kicked of HarmonyCentral,.....

• Members

No Mr.Lostgloves ,

Arell is just plain old weird lingo Arell I got an email from him this week to tell me he did some new stuff,...He allways comes back allthough somewhere between the lines I thought he was trying to say he got kicked of HarmonyCentral,.....

I think he was banned back in October or November. I remember that he was really mucking up Bruce's thread. I was embarrassed for him.

• Members
Yeah, I miss Lincoln too.
:(

Do you mean NYC Drew? If so, he's a GREAT guy! He has posted here a few times, but I have not seen him around for a while. But he's just an incredible person, and I really hope everything is going great for him.
:thu:

Right Phil, that's him, Andrew, what a great guy he is, I hope all is well with him and maybe we'll meet again on the forums.

• Members

I had the pleasure of working with Drew at the St. Lucia Jazz Festival a few years back. It's one of the times I've encountered a forum friend in a working situation. I hope there will be more........

• Members

Han,
Aren't you the dude with who had a car parked in the middle of your studio? I remember you. At least I think I remember you.

I try to get in here as much as I can. Like Lee said, life gets busy and people move on. I've been hanging around since fall of 2000, if I remember correctly. I still try and check in a couple of times a week.

Music is still very vital to me, but my opportunities to bang the drum are down to about once a month now. I really miss being involved in music, and I hope I can get back into it heavy again some day. I honestly sometimes feel like maybe I don't even belong here anymore, since I'm not really keeping up on the new gear or doing anything musical these days. So it's a little hard to talk shop. And yet, I really enjoy chatting with or reading posts from all of the people here I have gotten to know over the years. I just keep coming back.

I didn't know Dan was Counterpoint either. It would help if some of you guys would keep a little tag on the bottom with your old name so we know who you are.......that is unless you don't want us to know.

Good thread:thu:

• Members

I've had the privilege of meeting them both. Finer, more soft-spoken, talented gentlemen you couldn't find anywhere. Hope all is well in their world.

I almost got to meet Fantasic Sound a couple of months ago when I was in Tennessee. We just couldn't make it happen. Bummer.:( I did talk to him on the phone though. He sounds just like he posts!

• Members

Han,

Aren't you the dude with who had a car parked in the middle of your studio?

Yes he is! We saw that car in person. :thu:

Always nice to see you Super... don't be shy about hanging out here even if you're not playing much these days, we love you anyway. :wave:

• Members
man, i was thinking about rold the other day... i was wondering if anyone had heard from him lately... last phone call i got was a while back from him.

Alphajerk? is that you man? uh? remember me?
Nice to see you here!:thu:

Archived