NGD - V Power Baby!

curseoftruth

• Members

Gibson Faded Flying V, just came in today. MF took all of 3 days to ship to my house via UPS ground, price matched a killer price, and were excellent to deal with. Good job MF :thu:

These are now discontinued so I jumped on them while they were still available, been wanting one for a long time. Minor cosmetic flaw where some stain got onto the edge of the fretboard on the side of the neck. No worries. Good frets, solid as rock and nice finish/grain. Had I paid full pop, I'd be more worried about the little bit of sloppy finish but who cares, I got this baby for gigging, so she is going to see some action in dirty rock clubs with my doom/stoner rock band starting neck month and will get plenty of battle scars. I don't need to drag my SG Classic out now to the {censored} holes we play in :D

First, the newest member of my Gibson family:

gibson-family.jpg

flying-v-1.jpg

flying-v-2.jpg

flying-v-3.jpg

• Members

Gibsons are looking good Bro!

I had a Faded V and still have a VM Les-Paul. Both are very-good sounding Gibson's. I opted for a Explorer instead of the V. I wasn't playing out at he moment and I found it very uncomfortable to play. So I sold. I regreted it all the way up till I bought the Explorer and re-captured a great deal of the Tone. I'm one of the few who actually dig the 496/500 pups in the right guitar and situation. Solid Mahogany electrics are great for them.

I had a set in a LP-Classic that were absoluty terrible sounding and I pulled them and opted for PAFs very quickly.

Archived