NGD - V Power Baby!

curseoftruth

• Members

HNGD!!!!

I have one just like yours and I love it!! I didn't know they were discontinued.

Nice Korina V!

Yeah, they stopped making them and now have that 3-pup version which I think they have actually discontinued as well. MF might carry them on as special dealer only thing like the SG Classic.

Best deal I've seen is at Woodwind and Brass, they still have the old price.

And 4 paws from Aslan! Awesome man!!!!!!!

I doubt she will replace my LP VM as my main player but she will be a solid number 2. I don't play the SG Classic much and my other number 2 is my Epi LP Custom which deserves rest. She has given me a lot over the years.

• Members

HNGD!

I reckon people will look back on the Faded Vs as some of the best value guitars that Gibson ever put out.

I paid $499 for my LPVM and $549 for my Faded V, both brand new out of the box. Great values both. And $749 for my SG Classic brand new as well. Three nice Gibsons new for under $2K. Gotta shop around though, haggle, and hit the sales. I know they aren't custom shop or high end Gibsons but they are all mighty fine guitars and I am very satisfied. The LPVM I felt like I almost stole it it so good. I've been jamming on the V, great guitar. I love the necks on the faded series, no paint to hold you back and after a bit of play they really smooth down nicely.

• Members
I paid $499 for my LPVM and $549 for my Faded V, both brand new out of the box. Great values both. And $749 for my SG Classic brand new as well. Three nice Gibsons new for under $2K. Gotta shop around though, haggle, and hit the sales. I know they aren't custom shop or high end Gibsons but they are all mighty fine guitars and I am very satisfied. The LPVM I felt like I almost stole it it so good. I've been jamming on the V, great guitar. I love the necks on the faded series, no paint to hold you back and after a bit of play they really smooth down nicely.

Yes, they are great guitars and no mods are necc ! Brian I got mine back from Charlie's guitars tonite. The necks on the fadedes rule.

• Members

Yes, they are great guitars and no mods are necc ! Brian I got mine back from Charlie's guitars tonite. The necks on the fadedes rule.

Awesome! Let me know what you think about the job they did. I'm going to get a strap with bullets on it for mine :thu:

Gotta have to much metal! Hell, I figure if I'm going to be a 42 year old guy playing a V in a doom band I might as well go all out!

398011.jpg

• Members
Awesome! Let me know what you think about the job they did. I'm going to get a strap with bullets on it for mine
:thu:

Gotta have to much metal! Hell, I figure if I'm going to be a 42 year old guy playing a V in a doom band I might as well go all out!

398011.jpg

i picked up a strap like that at guitar center the other day... the mf'er weighed more than my les paul :eek:

• Members

very nice...i have the black satin. its not really faded, just kinda matte black. the neck breaks in so nicely. one of my favorites, not quite my sg standard tho. i find mine sounds very good when tuned down, heavier strings. very muscular tone. nice score.

• Members

I got a SG Classic like you to, great minds think alike. My V is actually made of mahogany, i wish it was korina. I put some shaller strap locks on and they work great, i found the buttons were kinda of small and i was worried i was gonna drop the guit.

Do you play the V classical style while sitting down or with a strap?

Heres my two beauties:

img0050gm6.jpg
img0050gm6.0862f10ac1.jpg

• Members
I got a SG Classic like you to, great minds think alike. My V is actually made of mahogany, i wish it was korina. I put some shaller strap locks on and they work great, i found the buttons were kinda of small and i was worried i was gonna drop the guit.

Do you play the V classical style while sitting down or with a strap?

Heres my two beauties:

img0050gm6.jpg
img0050gm6.0862f10ac1.jpg

I just got it last night so to this point I just play standing. I use a strap so I'll play sitting I'm sure. I had a Washburn V a few years back that I had to sell and I played it standing all the time. I use Dunlop strap locks on all of my guitars. She will be getting some this weekend.

Archived