So I'm a "member" and I still don't know what a troll is...

elsupermanny14

• Members

Yeah...what is a troll? Is it just someone who like to cause arguments in posts?

Sometimes it's someone how makes some obnoxoious thread like, Reasons's Why The Beatles Sucked - and then try to bait everyone into freaking out.

Sometimes it's someone just asking a really dumb question, like What Are Those Light Bulb Things Inside My Amp.

• Members

someone who wants attention and/or wants a lot of replies to a thread he makes.

I think by that definition we're all trolls when we post NGD posts! :D Hahah. LOOK AT WHAT I BOUGHT AND TELL ME HOW AWESOME IT IS! (I'm as guilty of this as anyone else, but it's still funny).:p

• Members

A troll is also a great story that everyone gets suckered into believing, like the when the nephew threw someone's LP into a pond. That was hilarious, still talked about here every now and then.

• Members

Personally I think the word troll is pretty {censored}in lame and boring and I'm suprised a forum of people who play instruments can't come up with something more intresting to call people who post stupid {censored}. Better yet just {censored}in ignore the thread you don't like rather then spitting out useless words that sound about the level of 9 year olds....."troll....no you are....no you are..."

On a side note there are a special group of losers who like to throw the word "troll" out for border line or even genuine questions/posts because they use it as a defence mechanism rather than having to actually think about an issue. A super typical example of this will be legitamate questions about a certian companies (ryhmes with hibson) quaility control incurring an instant flood of "troll troll troll..." from the apologists.

• Members

Personally I think the word troll is pretty {censored}in lame and boring and I'm suprised a forum of people who play instruments can't come up with something more intresting to call people who post stupid {censored}. Better yet just {censored}in ignore the thread you don't like rather then spitting out useless words that sound about the level of 9 year olds....."troll....no you are....no you are..."

On a side note there are a special group of losers who like to throw the word "troll" out for border line or even genuine questions/posts because they use it as a defence mechanism rather than having to actually think about an issue. A super typical example of this will be legitamate questions about a certian companies (ryhmes with hibson) quaility control incurring an instant flood of "troll troll troll..." from the apologists.

Well isn't that the troll calling the gremlin short! :D

Archived