As perferct as I'll ever get with an amp... NAD

mcinku

• Members

Overtones.jpg

Overtones_gut.jpg

.... no nothing wrong with my camera or your vision, what you see is two Ceriatone Overtones.

:D

One is mine and the other belongs to my friend. Very nice to have two, just in case we decide to mod these amps. It's nice to have one as a reference.

Well I only had an hour with mine. Today I have a major date with these amps and I have a friend coming too. :thu:

...anyway what I can say for sure is, these amps worth every penny for the clean channel only. Very Fendrish sounding, just the way I like it. I was surprised to see how I was able to set the tone I like very quickly. I think thats a sign of a good amp. I'm not really an OD guy, so I had no issues with setting a slight OD tone I liked. I did notice slight loss of bass and increase of the hi-end while using OD, but that didn't spoil anything. It wasn't harsh and I was playing my strat with gold lace sensors. I was also using my Greenback speaker and I was not playing very loudly (home volume). If this turns out to be an issue for me, I already know what to tweak... I did my homework ;)

...but first I must build my cab and see how it works with my new G12-65 speaker.

I also noticed that this amp sounds better if the master it opened (let say around 7-8) and clean ch. volume is down. I think it sounds fuller this way. I also like to set the ratio OD control very low, so when you hit the OD button you notice just a slight boost in volume. It feels like an extension of the clean ch. with a slight grit and more sustain.

If you want to know how I feel about this amp... let just say :rawk:

;)

• Members
I don't know how much he's paying you guys to pimp his amps for him, but everytime I read a Ceriatone New Amp Day thread, I want one more and more.

:love:

Man, this is my third amp from Nik and trust me on this, he don't need to pay nobody.
:D

BTW as for my friend... this is his second Ceriatone amp. I guess he's hooked as well. :rolleyes:
;)

• Members

Okay so that's the Dumble clone right?

Here's the money question...does it get "that" sound (a la Robben Ford or Larry Carlton...given that none of us can play that well
;)
)?

Yes that is an Dumble ODS inspired amp. Can't say that it's a clone. This amp is based on #124 ODS but with a few different elements. ...and also, the original was 100W and this one is 50w.

Well, I never played a Dumble or Dumble inspired amp before, so I can't say really how accurate this amp sounds compared to originals. I wanted this amp for two reasons...

To have an amp with Fenderish cleans and an awesome gain with one amp.

Regarding Fendrish cleans... man I'm really ecstatic about that. I can finally say my lust for Twin has ended. Yesterday, my friend brought his SF Twin for the test and man, this amp can do that sound very well, better than my DRRI... :eek:

As far as the RB, LC sound I don't know really. Up to now I (we) only used our strats with this amp... and we weren't trying to get that kind of tone.

... but this sounds is very close IMHO

;)

• Members

Yes that is an Dumble ODS inspired amp. Can't say that it's a clone. This amp is based on #124 ODS but with a few different elements. ...and also, the original was 100W and this one is 50w.

Dumble made the ODS in both 40 and 80 watt. There is even a company in Europe that sells knockoff of each chassis.

• Members
Dumble made the ODS in both 40 and 80 watt. There is even a company in Europe that sells knockoff of each chassis.

Well, let just say 2x6L6GC or 4x6L6GC, whatever the actual output is.
;)

Company in Europe? Are you talking about Kitty Hawk amps?

BTW if we're talking about Dumble inspired amps, Two-Rock and Fuchs amps are very close as well.

;)

• Members

Well, let just say 2x6L6GC or 4x6L6GC, whatever the actual output is.

;)

Company in Europe? Are you talking about Kitty Hawk amps?

BTW if we're talking about Dumble inspired amps, Two-Rock and Fuchs amps are very close as well.

;)

No, I mean unpopulated chassis only. An actually knockoff of two different Dumble chassis looks.

• Members

Holy ultrasex.

I've been meaning to ask him if he can make an upside-down faceplate so that it could be mounted in a marshall-style headshell...I need to do that.

This amp is still in my top three GAS ATTACK list.

Archived