Tell me WHY I need a telecaster?

cg_25

• Members

I've been looking at guitars recently and can't decide what my next guitar will be. I have a carvin bolt-neck a gibson LP studio and an ovation tangent. I really like the versatility of my carvin bolt-on neck and if you compare the tone of my carvin to my gibson the gibson sounds like poop! I've been trying out telecasters and discovering that they are very versatile and offer anything from a bright sparkle to a rich roar. I've heard tele's are good live and that's mostly what I play. I was thinking something like this:

490685jpg.jpg:love:

or maybe in seafoam green with a seafoam green headstock!

Another thought was to order custom parts from http://www.warmoth.com/ and get it done the way I like it!

• Members
I really would have a harder time telling you why you wouldn't need a tele. They're the best! I play a deluxe, which is kind of cheating as far as claim to tele ownership, but it's easily the best guitar ever!
:thu:

I don't see how it's cheating?

• Members

I've played the one you're talking about quite a few times and it's a great sounding and playing guitar but is atypical for a Tele in that it's all-mahogany construction.

Might ease you into the realm of "tele tone" if you're unfamiliar to it. Very cool guitar.

• Members

I dunno, Teles sound like god himself--- with Singles of course, who ever heard of putting 'buckers on em!

and lets do something about the AWEFUL pickguard. Looks ghetto. At least put a strat kind of one, that has nice smooth lines.

Thats about the only reason I cant stand teles

• Members

I asked a similar question here before xmas. I didn't really understand what was so special about a tele. Well, as was said above. It's simple and honest. It has its own sound. It has a nice range from Twang to raunchy rock to jazz to blues, it does it all. I don't think I've heard this from anyone else, but it is the only electric I've played that responds similar to my acoustic guitars. LP and Strats seem so springy. It's just a flat top guitar that's just a guitar. All the wood, wire, metal and mojo are there...you just have to strap it on and play it.

Archived