MPA shuts down powertabs!!

chiro972

• Members

This is just a freaking bunch of crap. That was the best site out there. The transcriptions were all individual, not copied from some worthless tab book that doesn't even follow the actual song.

I am just in shock!

Greedy bastards.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It seems every few months I read about another tab site shutting down after getting threats - usually from the Harry Fox Agency - but the Ultimate Guitar Tab site remains up (and they have a huge selection of tab). Wonder how they manage to stay up?

You can legally post the tabs if you get permissions from the individual artists.

• Members

It seems every few months I read about another tab site shutting down after getting threats - usually from the Harry Fox Agency - but the Ultimate Guitar Tab site remains up (and they have a huge selection of tab). Wonder how they manage to stay up?

They're hosted in Russia iirc.

But most tabs on UG are horrible.

• Members
- but the Ultimate Guitar Tab site remains up (and they have a huge selection of tab). Wonder how they manage to stay up?

The Ultimate Guitar tab site is operated by our brothers and sisters in the former soviet republic of Russia, now the nation of Russia. I have used Ultimate Guitar tabs for years. They are reliable and hassle-free. I rely on the site for tabs of pre-1927 songs that are not copyrighted. Yaay Russia!!!

Archived