Russian ISS Computers

• Members

OK guys, relax. All "Russian" computers at the ISS were made in Germany. I'll give you more info in a little bit.

Computers failed because of defective power switch in the middle of the ISS after installation of new solar array (batteries) brought by shuttle and it has nothing to do with the software, it was a power supply problem.

Luchshee vrag horoshego?

No the case here. However if the "better" is the new solar array you're probably right :)

• Members

The main problem was connected with the defective switch and power supply.

I saw a NASA rep yesterday on CSPAN clearly say it wasn't with the power supply, that they had put it on a scope and it was clean (which I presume also means it was getting to where it was needed).

It sounds to me like some sort of weird grounding problem. Which makes me wonder, "how does one handle grounding things when one isn't anywhere near the "ground"?"...

• Members

Daimler computers, that's interesting, waiting to hear more. I was watching the NASA channel yesterday, and the Shuttle had IBM laptops.

The way they were explaining the failure (on NASA TV) was as a "shut down", then they couldn't get a successful restart.

Is that the latest picture (article link) the Russians have of the ISS?:eek:

Sly :cool:

Wonder what kind of speakers and mics they use?

Archived