ever thought i should not have done that........

chrisebrooks06

• Members

i thought about this, have you just gone into a guitar shop i just bought that guitar or that pedal then getting home and thinking bugger, i really shouldnt have done that lol, or do you plan your purchases and do your home work before parting with cash..............

just curious

:thu:

• Members

Yeah, go ahead and tell us, you won't be alone.
I've done it. The guitar seemed really sweet, the price was a great deal, got it home, played it a few times and then it sat in the rack.
It was still a nice guitar, but just not what I would reach for if I was going to take some time to play. So away it went...........

• Members

I do this all the time, I went out for strings a couple of weeks back and came home with a big muff, a korg multi fx that was on sale and looked interesting, some fast fret and of course two packs of strings.

Walking home I thought 'Hang on, I just spent

• Members

i thought about this, have you just gone into a guitar shop i just bought that guitar or that pedal then getting home and thinking bugger, i really shouldnt have done that lol, or do you plan your purchases and do your home work before parting with cash..............

just curious

:thu:

Done both... I always check eBay and try to find as much information on a guitar as I can before hitting it.

Sometimes there is no information though (because the model isn't popular or too new) and I've been burned a couple of times because of that. :D Was not that much of a problem yet since I could simply return those guitars, just a little disappointing.

• Members

I ordered one of those Daisy Rock Retro-H semi-hollows when they were being blown out for $149, and before the thing even got here I regretted it. I played it exactly twice and sold it to someone for $85 just so it wouldn't be around to remind me what a stupid purchase it was. Impulse buys seldom work out well for me.

• Members

well i saved up some cash and bought a dimebag tribute guitar and a digitech whammy, i got it all home and thought cash gone lol, i love the guitar and owe no debts etc, but just felt a little bit of guilt, dont know why

Don't feel guilt as you said all bills are paid and you spent some money on something that you love doing, enjoy it rock the hell out of it!

• Members

I have always found that my severe lack of impulse control goes best with essentially no guilt reflex-turns out I'm married to someone who manages to feel guilty about things she didn't even buy so I guess we sort of balance out the universe somewhere along the line.

Archived